Diagnosis
12/2018
Country
US
State
NC
City
Get Real
(I wasn’t going to write about this but I’ve learned a lesson I think should be shared.)

Don’t assume a new symptom (or symptoms) is just the progression of PLS. I’m headed for a surgical procedure next week, non-PLS related.

About the first of September I started having some symptoms I wrote off to my favorite saying, “It is… what it is”. Three weeks ago I said to myself, “No it ain’t” when I discovered a bulge. Up until September the presence of my PLS symptoms was weakness, spasticity, breathing difficulties and weight loss but no aches or pain.

So, when the aching began I thought “It is… what it is.” When a few other things began to happen and I discovered the bulge above my left hip it became, “What the hell is this?”

I won’t know the exact diagnosis until after the surgery. So, I now have a torturous week of waiting, sitting twiddling my thumbs and being a pest on the Forum. Sorry.

So, don’t write everything off to “It is… what it is.”

Sorry to read this Al, and I pray that it's something benign. Good lesson--thanks for the reminder.

> When a few other things began to happen and I discovered the bulge above my left hip it became, What the hell is this?

could be a hiddn nugget of hidden wealth! always hopin'!

report in as soon as you know!

So sorry your having to endure a surgery to find out. Please let us know how things turn out. Your in my prayers.

AKmom, thank you. And, believe it or not... I have done very little Googling about it except to look up some terminologies. I'm going pretty much by what the doctors have told me. (If anyone should have to have something concerning a biopsy... many doctors now are avoiding biopsies because evidence is showing they may only increase the chance of it spreading.) I have good doctor and he answered all my questions. Dr. Google has too many opinions.

Best of luck to you Al.

Mike

Thanks Mike and thanks to all. I'll be fine.

Sending prayers and warm thoughts your way Al. Keep us posted friend. Kim

Sorry Al, please keep us updated.

Janie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back