Diagnosis
12/2013
Country
US
State
Utah
City
Sandy
Just curious how other people's check up go. Had mine last week. Was kind of expecting an examination of some sort. All I did is answer guest ions while he typed into computer from across the room. Then he said you should consider baclofen pump and left. Is this a typical exam or am I just special. Lol

Port, my doc appointments are similarly disappointing. My neuro goes through a few muscle strength tests and compares them to last time, checks my ankles for clonus (yep, still there), types the stuff into the computer, then asks if I'm ready to try the Baclofen pump. However, the shear size of those pumps (3.5 in diameter and nearly and inch thick), i can't ever imagine it being implanted under my skin. It totally freaks me out.

So don't feel like the Lone Ranger! TB

Do you attend an ALS clinc? My husband is always examined--by several people before the neurologist comes in--and then again.

We were very dissapointed with our first clinic visit.the neurologist was very matter of fact not friendly at all we did not even know he was done with us the nurse had to tell us.I am not expecting every body to bend over backwards but I felt like he could have been a little more pleasent.Everyone except the neurologist was awesome.

thus why I don't go to doc unless I am overly sick from something else. When I was going in for checkups, it was; "how are you doing?" type type then ; "see you in a month". All for what? He fills my prescriptions via internet now so, I figure unless I have a bad fall or get sick, I might as well do something worth while for the day. But this is just my thought.

I was thinking maybe I was being a bit of a diva. Spoke today with friend who attends same ALS clinic and we are both of the opinion the Drs. at our clinic are there to collect data. We are there for them not them for us. Just whining I guess....after all there is really nothing to be done anyway.

Btw.....thank you for the replies.....it's nice not being alone.

I'm beginning to think my doctor is very special. He is always with me at least 15 minutes, not only does the neuro exam, but asks how things are going, and wants to know if I have any questions or concerns. I see no one else, just the receptionist who takes me back to the room and schedules my next appointment. He even does my blood pressure himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back