Diagnosis
12/2012
Country
US
State
Georgia
City
Atlanta
Does anyone else have shoulder and neck pain? I have been told by ortho Dr. That's it Frozen Shoulder and Arthritis. It hurts so badly I can hardly use it and it's now very weak! Is this from PLS or a seperate issue? Is making it hard to use my arms!

Only if progression has gone that far, it is related. The key is to keep range of motion. You can go to physical therapy for it or do your own. For mine, I will finger crawl my hand up a wall and try to get my arm up as far as I can. I also do stretching of those muscles, usually with help from hubby. Also massages with using muscle creams such as icy hot or bengay helps with pain and relaxation of the muscles slightly. What you do not want is to keep from movement of the muscles. It does hurt, but non use equals worse pain and eventually contractures.

I attribute my shoulder pain from falling (from PLS). MRI's revealed torn tendons, rotator cuff syndrome. I went to pain doc. He gave me steroid injections in both shoulders. They felt really good for about 3-4 weeks but pain came back. After 2 months I got injections again. Pain back (again) in 3-4 weeks. I have not been back since, just living with the pain.

Tractor Boy

I had such severe nerve pain in my left arm that I couldn't move it which left me with frozen shoulder prior to my diagnosis of PLS in 2007. It took 3 steroid injections and 2x/week PT for a year for it to thaw out. My neck and shoulder muscles are like a brick wall due to PLS. Weekly massages only give me relief for a few hours after. I do think that those of us with PLS are more prone to frozen shoulder.

>He gave me steroid injections in both shoulders. They felt really good for about 3-4 weeks but pain came back. After 2 months I got injections again. Pain back (again) in 3-4 weeks. I have not been back since, just living with the pain.

Ditto that! left worse, sleeping worst time ... :-(

Thanks for the comments. I do PT, Tens Machine, cortisone shots, but it's been going on for about 3 years. Sounds like it is just part of the deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back