Diagnosis
10/2013
Country
US
State
PA, No longer live in ME
City
Pocono's
Just completed pump trials, after the injection into the spine I felt great. I’m not just blowing smoke; I have not felt that good in many years. The spasticity was gone, going to have the pump installed after the Holiday’s. The VA did the test and they did my intake at the same time down in West Roxbury Mass, what nice and caring folks, good people.

Mike

Mike, I am so happy to hear this! I wish you all the best with the surgery. Where will you have the procedure done? If you want to connect more privately on this, please send me a message on here. I remember that great feeling after the trial injection when I could flex my ankles up and down and then stand up much more easily from the toilet. That day I cried many tears of joy. The pump is so much better than taking oral Baclofen! Good luck to you. LouLou

Mike will they still give you the pump after the diagnosis change?

Hi there. This is my first post here. I have PLS. The baclofen pump sounds very encouraging. However, doing a little research shows the pump itself appears to be GIGANTIC for being implanted under the skin. Nearly 3.5 inches in diameter and almost an inch thick, the size completely freaked me out! Can someone who already has the pump please comment on how uncomfortable there are and issues you've had, if any. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back