Diagnosis
03/2015
Country
US
State
mi
City
Novi
Has anyone had surgery to correct hammertoe?

I saw the podiatrist yesterday, and he said my hammertoe in the right foot was severe. If I do nothing, the progression will put me in a wheelchair, as I will become too painful to walk. The left foot is following suit.

Oh course, no guarantee that I have the surgery, and the progression in my legs won't put me in a wheelchair anyway.

Just wonder if anyone else has faced this decision.

Debbie

Hi Debbie, not sure I'm going to be helpful here but I'll throw it out for you to do as you please. My hammertoe is in early stage and not bothering me a lot as of yet. However, my wife who has had Guiliam Barre has suffered greatly. She did have the surgery and did well with the removal of the knuckles and fusions on both feet. The procedure did he her greatly but now 20+ years later they seem to be back although not as severe. She still walks on them...they are painful to the touch though. So if this is off topics for you but is all I have to offer.

Thanks for sharing your experience, Port! Its good to know that the surgery was so helpful to your wife for so many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back