Diagnosis
02/2011
Country
UK
State
nottinghamshire
City
newark
hi I am new to this site I have read a lot on this forum and its nice to know I am not the only one with pls, I am speaking from the uk and I have not found a site like this it is sad to say but its comforting I am not alone , I go in for baclofen pump shortly but after reading on here I may be having second thoughts I will do more research:)
tony

Greetings, Tony! There is much good information to be found, here. And don't be shy about asking questions.

Jim

like all the others, sorry to meet you here but welcome!

The next weeks, months will be an emotional roller coaster. Try to go with the flow, expect fear, anger, bitterness, and a new awareness of life. I have found that being active here on these forums has helped me in way I cannot explain, but you will see.

before trying miracle cures, etc., ask here, go to alsuntangled dot com.

Lastly, anxiety can be debilitating so beware.

Lastly, lastly DON'T FALL, take vitamins, keep your calorie intake up, and stay away from sick people, especially w/ respiratory problems.

Kind regards and warm welcome,

Max

sorry your here tony. but welcome to the site.

Hey Tony - Glad you found the forum. I hope you find it helpful. Knowing you are not alone is such a comfort. I lean on that daily!

Hi Tony,
Welcome site, the home great information and people.

Mike

Re:hi

there seems to be a lot of people on here with ALS as opposed to PLS yet symptoms seems the same

Ando60,
My Doctor here in the States says all MNDs live on a continuum with ALS at one end and PLS at the other. Adding that ALS affects both UMN and LMN and PLS only affects UMNs both have symptoms in common and if you listen to those with PLS that write in the forum we’ll tell you that there even more similarities then the Doctors will tell you such as muscle amyotrophy and fasciculation’s, but that only that some us of experience them. As a matter of fact my doctor has used ALS, UMN Dominate ALS and PLS in the same visit in reference to me.

Mike

Well Tony, I extend to you an unfortunate welcome to the group.

Welcome to the community, Tony. Sounds like you've been checking in here already so know what a great group this is...and that there are folks here from all over and everywhere along the MND spectrum. Hope you'll find (and share) the tips, wisdom and laughs that are all here.

Welcome Tony.

Welcome Tony, please stay in touch.
Love Gem

Hi Tony, welcome aboard the slow train called "The PLS."

I was hoping some others would chime in on the Baclofen Pump concerns too. I'm about at max oral.

As you ride along this slow train always remember those on "The ALS."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back