Diagnosis
12/2012
Country
US
State
Georgia
City
Atlanta
Does anyone know anything about adjustable bed brands? I've looked online and very confusing! It's gotten so I can hardly sit up by myself to get out of bed. I'm hoping this bed will help or am I just fooling myself?

There have been previous posts on this. Use the Search function with adjustable as the search term.

One recommended was Pro-Bed. (drop that in Google)

I bought a transfermaster. Works and well made.

We have a very basic twin hospital bed. When first used, Darcey did NOT like it... not even a little bit. When no longer able to move legs or turn without help, Darcey began to get what we call "heel flares". Basically, where her heel touches the bed, it begins to feel as if it is on fire. She was also having terrible discomfort with the joints in her knees. So we moved back to the hospital bed so that she could (1) raise the head up a bit and (2) raise her knees up a bit. Still, she slept restlessly... having to turn every hour or two (which could only be done with my help). We mentioned our sleeping issues here (got some good advice) and to our ALS Org representative (Jeri). Jeri sent us an 8" low pressure alternating air mattress for the hospital bed... courtesy of our local ALS Loan Closet. Now Darcey sleeps through the night (8 - 10 hours) without any need to turn (or to wake me up). That one single item... the right air mattress... turned misery into heaven. We'd be hard pressed to consider anything else at this point unless something changed her ability to sleep as well as she does now. Other items used - Trilogy for breathing... turn pad for dressing in the morning... pillow case with two pillows to push her feet back while sleeping (seems to minimize heel flares)... and a lightweight electric blanket. And one more time, in case it was missed - the 8" low pressure alternating air mattress is the most important part of a good night's sleep (for us)...

Jim

I bought a transfermaster. Works and well made.

i was thinking of the tb and putting a wench on it. with no arms to pull my self up. i need something.

We're still in our antique brass/iron double bed. Once on bipap and sleeping on my back for the first time, I got the sore heels. I then figured out to kick some slack into the tight sheet tuck at the bottom, and slid down to where my heels hang over, no more pain.

What's the tb?

I get these heel flares also...quite painful. Also can't turn or move anything other than my head & arms at night. Started getting awful back spasms & just increased my baclofen to 100 mg's a day, plus chlorazapan ( that makes me a soup sandwich) so I have to be in bed to take it. I haven't walked at all since March and we've been fighting some pressure sores. I have a new roho cushion coming on Tuesday & a hoyer lift. Life's changed considerably in a few short months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back