Wonder if we can set up a video chat or conference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike in Maine

Distinguished member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
10/2013
Country
US
State
PA, No longer live in ME
City
Pocono's
Is there anyone out there in the forum that may know how we could set up a video chat or conference? Maybe something once a week, like a Friday evening or something, I can pick up my I-phone and facetime my grandkids and watch the run around (their 2 and 3, never sit still) whenever I want. There must be a way a group of us can together by video conference. I think it would be fun to just have a free flowing conversation, always been much better at expressing myself verbally then in writing. Any of you Techies out there have any ideas on how we as a group we could pull this off? Is there even any interest in the idea or do you all prefer the anonymity of the forum. Heck if we figure out how to get together maybe it could evolve into some social actives like a card game or such. What do you think?

Mike

As far as free multi-person video conferencing goes, Google Hangout is actually pretty good.

I have trouble speaking.

Mike, I think this is a GREAT idea. Count me in. If I were famous, I'd pursue anonymity.

But alas, I'm jes' yo' common folk. :)

> Google Hangout is actually pretty good.

so is Skype

>Mike, I think this is a GREAT idea. Count me in.

me 2

>I have trouble speaking

me 2 but I''d listen :)

>Heck if we figure out how to get together maybe it could evolve into some social actives like a card game or such

Bridge Baron, anyone?

All,
I'm beginning to have trouble talking also, not that bad yet. I think most of us understand this and with a little patience and time all that wanted to could take part. We can have our CALS with us to help and to blow us in when the tales get to large. Past CALS (if that is the correct term) would also be invited to join, their wisdom is always appreciated and more often than not needed. They are the forum's steady rudder.

Mike

Mike, what a wonderful idea. You might consider private invites to get it started. Keep the group small--people who are comfortable with each other and won't be self concious. Time zones might be something to work out. Start with someone close to you and if it works, reach out to others. Maybe I could get an invite some time and log in with hubby in the room. I'd so love for him to engage here--I think he'd really enjoy this group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back