Diagnosis
12/2018
Country
US
State
NC
City
Get Real
My wife talked me into going to an outdoor concert last night. I enjoyed it but I got cold. The weirdest shivers I've ever had in my life... I hung in until they wrapped up with Joe Cocker's "Feelin' Alright." Unfortunately, I wasn't.

Then, this morning... I woke up a wreck.
All the things the Baclofen keeps somewhat subdued were full blown, cramps in my feet, calves, hands, pushing myself to breath... the works. I didn't want to take my morning 20mgs of Baclofen... I wanted to take a hand full! I've learned my lesson about the cold.

Cold weather definitely has a bad effect. Think it's because it causes muscles to tighten up even worse which also pulls on the joints more. Add this to the fact that most of us probably also suffer from arthritis which is adversely affected by the cold and it makes for a miserable day

Sorry Clearwater. Doesn't it make you want to move back to warm Florida?
We are going in two weeks for a SHORT time, as hubby is worried things will progress and he won't be able to get back home. I know the sunshine, warmth is a balm to the body and soul! Hope those cramps subside soon. Hugs. Donna

clearwater how cold was it. i know the cold is coming on here. we already hit down in to the 30's so far, last night it was just 44. i have been trying not to turn on the heat yet.

Davbo, it was 43, I was "ok" until the wind picked up.

Cheerleader, moving back to Clearwater has crossed my mind a few times... last night matter of fact. :) But, the Clearwater area now isn't as I once knew it. I've adapted up here, probably couldn't handle the Tampa Bay area heat and humidity now. As I used to tell folks from up North thinking of moving down there, "June, July, August and September... if you can take it - you can make it".

PS. I wrote, "I've adapted up here"... well, except for last night. :)

i noise last winter when it started getting cold. it was like i didn't have much of moveable and i felt real cold all the time. i didn't noise it the winters before. i was use to the heat and the cold. i did heating and cooling for 36 years. i would be out in temps around 0 all day and it never got to me like it did this last winter.

Clearwater and Cheerleader the highs have been right around 80 and the lows 52ish. The humidiy has disappeared the last few days. My husband finally got out of the house today. It has been so humid he couldnt breath outside. It was wonderful.

we had some days here this year in the 100's. it was humid about 80 to 90% but it wasn't so bad to me this year.

stay warm, don't get sick!

Al,

As wrote last year in a thread called “Weather Rant”, the cold weather and spasticity don’t mix. I hit the cold and don’t dress for it I start to shiver almost, and sometimes uncontrollably. All that is followed by the pain, especially in my joints. There was a time I loved the cold, would stay out in it for hours cleaning up the driveway and walkways.. I still go out in it, just have to make sure I dress for it. Really living in Maine, it a little hard to avoid the cold, have to clean up after those storms. Thank god for the plow guy. Hope you enjoyed the concert.

Mike

When I could still walk when it would get cold I would have a Frankenstein type walk. If I walked long enough eventually my muscles would warm up and relax a bit.

When I could still walk when it would get cold I would have a Frankenstein type walk. If I walked long enough eventually my muscles would warm up and relax a bit.

Funny...I walk like Frankenstein when I get cold as well, come to think about it.....I walk like Frankenstein almost always. I am so dreading this winter.....I do my own snow removal, very worried about falling.. I am a cheap bastid and won't pay to have it done. As long as I can walk I will do it.

> I do my own snow removal, very worried about falling

dam dude. I hope you have a machine at least ... I slipped on ice last year and had one helluva time getting back up. 8^\

> I do my own snow removal, very worried about falling

dam dude. I hope you have a machine at least ... I slipped on ice last year and had one helluva time getting back up. 8^\

Yea...I gots me a Toro, but I still have to push the sumb!tch. I have about a 125 foot double driveway, and a sidewalk.
It is hard to get up when I fall....if I can grab something it is easier because I still have good upper body strength, balance is awful though. I have the money to have it done, but it would damage me psychologically to have it done. I still do all the oil changes on my bikes and cars for the same reason.

> I slipped on ice last year

I'm slowly becoming acclimatized to TX :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back