Diagnosis
12/2007
Country
Uni
State
Tennessee
City
Rutledge
I've been the same for about 8 years...then last August I took a pretty good fall that hurt my hip and leg pretty good...so I was using the power chair a lot. To stand was painful and stubborn me wouldn't go to he drs.
Fast forward till December and many falls later, when getting into bed one night...I moved just right and felt/heard a pop and then a major nerve numbing and pain all at once ( best way to describe was like the same feeling of hitting your funny bone). Now standing wasn't as painful, so I'm thinking maybe my hip joint was out a bit. Anyways..
So now I've increased weakness in my good leg and again falls galore. That I haven't been able to walk since March, but I could still stand...untill a final big fall in/out the shower. My good leg gave out and I fell into the glass doors, knocking them out ( they didn't break) and landed on them 1/2 in the shower and 1/2 out of the shower....luckily just very sore and huge bruise on the back of my bad leg thigh...so..
Now it's all I can do to stand and transfer or even pull up my pants...in fact sometimes I can't stand at all.
Now that my good leg has weakened so much I sometimes need help up. Which happened to me in June and my husband had to wrap his arms around me and lift me up....it felt like something pulled from ribs, but was only sore....2 days later same thing happened and this time a really sharp pain and I knew he hurt me...I gave a yell it hurt....after a trip to the er, because I was in some serious pain...we found out he had broken 2 of my ribs.
So now they have home health come in to make assessment to what I can use to make homelife safer and easier....bedside commode, transfer belt and sliding board.
Really feeling low and wondering what's next.....feeling helpless and alone, hard to talk about my feelings to my family and friends....scared....really scared.

Falls are tough, I live in fear of my first real bad one. Really don't know what to say except we are thinking of you, hoping for the best and hang in there. The nice thing about the forum is you can come visit here, vent and let your feelings out. You're never alone here, there always someone to help pick up back up. At one time or another we all have these feelings.

Oh gosh... I realize your want support and hopeful words - but I've been feeling much like what you describe.

I, too, took a lousy fall. Mine in March and my then broken arm is still sore in the mornings.
I go back to the orthopedist on Thursday to make sure that is OK. 'Not something to be scared by.

There is so much that scares me. I've just been relying on SSDI but I need to find a real job. 'Can't sit in an office for any period of time so.....

I just had my hair cut and colored and realized my salon doesn't accommodate wheel chairs which I realize I will need fairly soon.

:Just ignore me. I'm seriously feeling sorry for myself and that's very unattractive.

> I'm seriously feeling sorry for myself and that's very unattractive.

know the feeling, but there is always someone worse off than me so it is a conundrum ... who to feel sorry for? them or me :)

Ain't no law against "both"!

Sorry that we're all going through this...but thankful I'm not alone. I do try to remind myself that some people are so much worse off than myself..but it doesn't always help to pull me out of that poor me phase when it hits.
Thank you for your responses.

I was there yesterday :-(

oh well we'll see what today brings ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back