Diagnosis
10/2013
Country
US
State
PA, No longer live in ME
City
Pocono's
Had lived a good number of years in NM before joining the Navy, the wife grew up of there. Just went back to Santa Fe for a family reunion and really enjoyed it, had forgotten how nice the laid back life style was. Never mind the weather. Marshell and I were thinking about adding it to our short list of places to retire too, Maine and the cold is not going to cut it. Do any of you have any experience with the medical system out there and their support for MND’s?

Thanks
Mike

Hi Mike, I used to work in healthcare administration, and I spent a lot of time in Albuquerque and Sante Fe -- loved flying over the Sandias Mts....

Had you asked me this question 10 years ago, I'd have had an answer, because I knew a number of folks from one of the major NM-based health plans.

I hope you find your answer! You're right - cold weather does not bode well for the spasticity of PLS...................not at all. While I'm not fond of temperatures much above 80 degrees, my symptoms are less aggressive than they are when the air temperature is 5 degrees below zero!

Mike

You should check out the ALS Center at University of New Mexico:

"The ALS Center at the University of New Mexico serves people with motor neuron disease in not only New Mexico, but in west Texas, southern Colorado, and eastern Arizona. We are one of just 5 certified centers in the United States sponsored by the Muscular Dystrophy Association as well as the ALS Association. We are also an ALSA Certified Center, coordinating care with our multi-disciplinary team approach to comprehensive care in a single appointment."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back