Diagnosis
11/2009
Country
US
State
Alaska
City
Wasilla
Hey all, I have been gone for a bit, but now am back. Good news is my hubby finally got a job again and our insurance has finally kicked in. So I go in, since its been 2.9 years since my last appointments to deal with issues. Doc says he wanted me to see ortho about my hip that has been paining me something fierce since I fell down the stairs in the summer of 012. Long story short, the ortho says he is not taking xrays or mri, rather he wants to inject steroid to reduce any inflammation of the bursa of my hip. :confused: I said, well I guess we can try and that would be the cheap way around. So that's what he did. He finishes and says, if this doesn't work, we will chalk it all up that the pain is from your PLS and unless I fall and break something again, he doesn't need to see me anymore. Then I get charged $690 for the visit. :shock:

This shot better work. If it doesn't and I go to have it xray somewhere else to find its broken, he is not going to like what happens next.

So, my opinion of docs still haven't changed after all these years, even after a break from them for a couple years.

Looks like we have a few more newbies that I have yet to read up on. Take care all!:)

congratulations to your hubby on the job. sorry your in such pain. happen to agree with you about most docs, a bunch of quacks that want to charge you a fortune for guessing wrong

>Good news is my hubby finally got a job

great news, Joyce! congrats :)

>Then I get charged $690 for the visit.

don't get me started ... quack, quack!

Hope the shot works!

Hi AK....glad you're back

Hi AK Mom - welcome back. I, too, have hip pain. Doesn't bother me in the daytime but is severe enough to wake me out of a sound sleep at night. Think it has something to do with the unnatural motions I go through trying to walk. Certainly hope a shot works. A cortisone shot in the shoulder following a dislocation worked miraculously for me.

AK Mom, glad your back. Sorry to hear about your hip, just like Old Dog I get bad hip pain at night. Wakes me up , have yet to find anything that really helps. Interested to hear how the shot works, wishing you the best.

Mike

>he wants to inject steroid to reduce any inflammation of the bursa of my hip.

Well, Joyce, do you think it helped?

Hi all! The shot has given me 75% relief of the pain within 2 days after shot. That was the best that it did. Now the pain is returning. It does seem worse at night. Unfortunately, it is starting to happen with my other hip a little too. Not as bad there yet. But the left is definitely worse since the fall. It hurts to sit, lay or walk. Of these, I would say what short walking I can do anyway, is the lesser of the pain. However, if I push myself to stand longer (to the point of exhaustion and shaking legs), the pain will increase with time and be worse that night.

Hi Joyce, it's good (no, GREAT) to hear from you again. So sorry to hear of your pain - and still hoping that the shot works for you.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back