Diagnosis
06/2012
Country
US
State
NY
City
Rochester
Well, after my PLS made me fall and break my humerus I awoke Monday to a very painful left foot. My big toe specifically. Went to the podiatrist on Tuesday and found I had an ingrown toenail - that was infected.

Oh boy, another first. Very depressing! Needed sandals after my "surgery." Had given most of my shoes away after the PLS started making me fall.

I went online, found some sandals that a reviewer said were great for her diabetic mother because of Velcro straps. I ordered them, they arrived today and are GREAT.

'Such a silly thing to get excited about - but then I'll take most anything pleasing.

I just had to share with people who might understand.

Anne

I know right where you are coming from....everything above the MND seems magnified when other health problems pile on. I just got a really cool carved cane off eBay...very exciting to hobble around in style!

>I just had to share with people who might understand

yup, I know -- now I have to ask Sandy to put my sandals on :-(

>just got a really cool carved cane off eBay...very exciting to hobble around in style!

need pic!

Take the joy where you can find it, having a MND sure makes you appreciate the simple things. Was just out in Santa Fe with my Grandson (Family Reunion), what a blast to be around.

Take the joy where you can find it, having a MND sure makes you appreciate the simple things. Was just out in Santa Fe with my Grandson (Family Reunion), what a blast to be around.

You got that right Mike....it changes our priorities exponentially. Simple things are what it is all about. I have noticed that I avoid drama much more these days....maybe it is because I can't talk...but life suddenly seems too short to hold grudges or get mad over trivial stuff.:)

Big Mark,
Couldn’t agree more, holding grudges or getting mad takes too much energy. Energy seems to be in short supply these days, would rather save it and expand it on something enjoyable.

Mike

ER.....might want to rethink that PLS made you fall
Be careful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back