Diagnosis
12/2013
Country
US
State
Utah
City
Sandy
I have been experiencing tremor sort of episodes when driving. They are limited to my right arm and seem to occur when I grasp the steering wheel with right hand while reaching out to it. The shake is pretty severe and noticeable to all in car. Doesn't seem like a pls symptom that I can read about. Anyone else?

I have tremers in my left tricep, and sometimes I notice them in my ankles, when I am on the recumbent bike. Depending on the angle of my ankle, it will spasm and kind of start jumping or having spasms.
I think what you are describing is more of a spasticity issue.
***Disclaimer: I got my medical degree from watching Grey's Anatomy!***

>I have been experiencing tremor sort of episodes when

bad timing for this thread. right-hand started this today. Couldn't hold the iPad. Even worse, just now couldn't hold my wine glass :-(.

Said it before, "This sucks!"

>I have been experiencing tremor sort of episodes when

bad timing for this thread. right-hand started this today. Couldn't hold the iPad. Even worse, just now couldn't hold my wine glass :-(.

Said it before, "This sucks!"

Don't feel alone Max....I think my left hand will be joining yours real soon.............:-(

>I think my left hand will be joining yours real soon...

OK, Mark, I say we pace ourselves and let rsn become the tomorrow that never comes. :)

Gosh big mark......looks like we are almost neighbors.

Gosh big mark......looks like we are almost neighbors.

Yea....I did not notice your location until your post! What ALS clinic do you use...I am at the U of U clinic?

Same as you....was diagnosed at Mayo with Pls. We'll see I guess.

If by tremor you mean a rhythmic shaking motion, the technical term for that is clonus. It's another UMN symptom.

Max, I never hold a wine bottle or glass with my left hand. Way too risky...

>Max, I never hold a wine bottle or glass with my left hand

well, my left hand left me last quarter, so righty is the important one now :). I have ordered 2 1-handed keyboards, but production is on hold. Hope it gets here soon ...

It sounds like clonus. I have ankle clonus and jaw clonus. When the ankle clonus started I had to give up driving :(

My husband gets that when he tries to squeeze my hand when we hold hands. He has very little use of either hand now, so I imagine it is like trying to push a muscle to its very extreme and exhaust it.
Tim has a really cool cup holder on his chair, although a wine glass doesn't fit very well, so we use a straight glass. It holds more anyway.
Paulette

Morning, Paulette --

>Tim has a really cool cup holder on his chair, although a wine glass doesn't fit very well, so we use a straight glass. It holds more anyway.

:) ... I have to use cups that have wide tops because I can't tilt my head back ...

My husband (bulbar onset ALS) has had jaw clonus as one of his earliest symptoms.

Only in the past 6 weeks or did he start to really develop leg clonus.

His arms don't work, he has a little movement on one forefinger, but he never had any clonus in his upper limbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back