Diagnosis
11/2007
Country
uk
State
uk
City
uk
Other than usual spasticity,stiffness and balance issues I thought a poll on other symptoms might be good to get a general idea of how much these other symptoms effect pls'ers here.

Olly
I would add the following (in no order):
Muscle Fatigue
Shortness of breath
Emotional issues (crying/laughing)
Dropping things/small object manipulation
Swallowing
Voice Changes (slower/horse)
Leg spasms (at night they kill me)
Cramps (short lived ones and the ones that last for days).
Fasciculations

Mike

Sorry mike..too many things to list lol.
Wanted to get a general feel of progression and how things develop over time.
Done mine.

Have I done it right? Can you do the poll?
Thanks Ottawa,do you see your vote as well as mine?
I only see your vote if I click on a vote.

Its ok,its showing now lol.
Seeing some intresting results already.

I marked weakness (clinical) but after following the Forum the past few days I am no longer sure exactly what it is anymore. :)

That's ok al,i'll let you off lol.
Muscle twitching is a common factor so far which is intresting.
Sure I am not the only one with plateaus in progression.

Weakness (clinical) would not mean fatigue but difficulty performing an action due to impairment.
Such as I have difficulty moving my left lower leg due to clinical weakness or dexterity problems with my hands.

As far as bladder issues, my PALS does not have problems with incontinence per se, but as soon as he sees the bottle or we talk about going to the bathroom he has a massive urge to go. Sometimes so much he can't move even by PWC to the bathroom, so I bring the bottle to him.

Olly, wanted to say that the bulbar issues are so severe that it was decided to go with a peg ( get chocked on every bite). Another issued not usually associated with pls that I have is respiratory decline, at last visit was down to 62

Unfortunatly you can only have 10 options so had to go more basic but still its showing intresting results.
I am intrested in doing a different kind of poll after this one.
Muscle twitching or fasic's are among majority were as in old text (lets face it all pls info is old text) it states no fasic'c.
Poll so far....85% have fasic's and clinical weakness...that is an eye opener.
Intresting a few have no pain, hmmm.

Zoohouse....I have bladder weakness that can cause problems but if spasticity is real bad in my legs it causes my bladder to go spastic...needing /feeling need to go more ofton.

Dalvin,sorry to hear that. My swallowing has been stable for a long time and no decline. I can not sleep flat,need to be well propped up to be able to breathe while asleep but again been same for some time .

Understand bout the poll limits. Just thought I'd throw out the extra info for your poll. You know, more info the better

Oh that is completely ok dalvin,more info the better.
The idea is everyone posts now and again about this and that....this poll gets everyone together and look at common factors and time line / progression rates .

PLEASE NOTE,THIS POLL IS FOR PLS PATIENTS ONLY.
Seems some pals have voted,kinda muddies the polls waters.

.......deleted

Last edited:
Olly
Sorry about the list, my work computer didn't show the vote panel, feel foolish. Did you fold my list into the poll or should I vote. Is the years since diagnosed or when I first started to notice that things were not right?

Mike

That is interesting since everything you read says no fascics with pls!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back