Diagnosis
12/2010
Country
US
State
GA
City
Atlanta
Just back from a late brunch...probably about 2 mi total.

Between the corner cuts and traffic, I am exhausted. I know that we are lucky to have it, but the accessibility could use some work in our town.

know what you mean. seems like everywhere you go the handicap parking spaces are the farthest from the door. you reckon they dont really want our business

doesn't take much to exhaust me. But I know what you are saying BB about the corner cuts and such. I wish we HAD sidewalks around here! Instead, there is about 5% paved bike paths and the rest I have to ride on the side of the road in an emergency lane to get to the next bike path! Then as I get closer to town, there are poorly maintained sidewalks that are not concrete but again, paved with asphalt.

As for HC parking, seems like there are so many people driving around with HC plaques, that there is not enough HC spaces to go around. Our biggest store is Walmart, and they have loads of HC spaces close by the store, but so many people have the red temporary plaques, that they fill 95% of the spaces! We have gotten our license plate with the HC symbol because it was just easier to get that then to have a plaque that had an expiration date on it, even though it was a blue permanently HC plaque. Which I still use if someone drives me in their car. But for the most part, it doesn't matter if we have to park further out as long as I have my pwc in the back of the suburban. I can still walk a few feet from the back of the car to the passenger seat. Now if I had a mini van with a ramp, that would be much different.

I have been in cities all around the world in my pwc, there are always obstacles that get tiring. But I too am grateful to be able to get out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back