Diagnosis
12/2010
Country
US
State
GA
City
Atlanta
As VP Biden said:"this is a fu***** big deal" not sleeping well.

A big adjustment ....

Whats being delivered tomorrow jerry?.....van?ramp?or chair?
Why are you not sleeping well sweetie?

Oh,

Wheelchair....

BB - it IS a big deal. Hope all goes well today. I get mine Monday. Although I continually think through the positives and how this will 'help' me, it's scary and 'in your face' that you'll be in a wheelchair! It's tough. Hoping that when you get in it, you'll love it and some stress will go away. I've watched firsthand as 2 friends got theirs and they're both so much happier now that the stress and energy of walking is gone. Good luck!

A few things I have learned about M300.

1. It has 5 indoor speeds and 5 outdoor speeds. I use 3 indoors. Start at 1 or 2 until you learn to drive it. I use 3 or 4 outdoors. You can go about 6 mph at max outdoor speed. I don't feel safe going that fast.

2. Charge it every night. It has deep discharge batteries but they last longer the less they are discharged.

3. Go slow when you go from forward to backward or backward to forward. When the caster wheels switch direction the chair can shift left or right.

4. I had the arms moved in about 3/4" of an inch on each side. I have some 30" doors and it is easier to navigate.

5. Turn it off when you are stationary. It is easy to accidentally hit the drive control.

6. I got a new desk that is more suited for a PWC.

Yeah,
It's like my body has succommed to the inevitable.
Today all the fight has gone out of me.

Well, Monday will be tough for me, but I hope I'll 'come around' and realize I've found a way to live my life more fully and happier by adapting to this disease. Not giving up, but finding yet another way to adapt. Hang in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back