State
GA
City
Atlanta
Approved!
Order now going in

Approved!
Order now going in

Congratulations! I am so happy for you, indeed.

Which model did you get?

I have the P.W.C. Invacare T.D.X.-SP loaned to me by our Local Chapter of ALSA while I can get my own.

I just have a thing that is still puzzling me. How do I lower the footboard so it stays at the same level of the floor whenever I need to stand from the chair? I've checked the User Manual but it doesn't say how to do that.
I've tried all the buttons to no avail.

Regards,

Very happy for you Bad...a bit nerve wrecking that was.

Hey Carlos, I am wondering if the footboard can only be adjusted by tinkering with the nuts or screws. It might not be possible to adjust electronically.

Very happy for you Bad...a bit nerve wrecking that was.

Hey Carlos, I am wondering if the footboard can only be adjusted by tinkering with the nuts or screws. It might not be possible to adjust electronically.

Yes, I am thinking you may be right, my dear Cricket.
I'll check on Monday with the guy from ALSA who delivered the P.W.C. to my home when he comes back to deliver some ROHO cushions.

Thanks so much and take care.

Checking on wether all features are included, or any out of pocket on Monday with vendor.
I understand it takes a week or two once the order is placed.

But it's close. The chair is a Permobil 300 series.

Great news Jerry. Hope you picked a nice colour.

Dont forget - you can always " bling it up" a tad with stick- on rhinestones!

Awesome news Jerry! I agree with Elaine, bling it up! Maybe with racing flames!

The Permobile C300 seems to be the preferred PWC for the ALS community. I love mine. The only option that Medicare does not cover is the elevate feature. However, my insurance did cover it. I use that feature a lot so I needed it. I have a kitchen island I had modified for eating. It has an indoor and outdoor speed mode. I keep mine on level 3 indoors. You may want to keep it on level 1 or 2 while you learn to drive it. It is powerful so be careful. Turn it off when not moving. I have accidentally hit the drive control and ran into things. I have no problem taking a nap by tilting it back and elevating my feet.

Charge it every night. It has deep discharge batteries but they last longer the less you drain the charge.

I am very happy you finally got it approved. I know that is a load off of your mind.

Great news, BB! I should get mine in mid-August, too. I also got the Permobil 300 (highly recommended by members in my support group). We'll be 'banging up the walls and doors' at the same time!

I said C300 in an earlier comment, I meant to say Permobile M300. The center wheel drive PWC.

You'll love it! I have the M300 as it has a smaller turning radius than the C300... mine is neon green, and I call it the Screaming Comet..
Get the elevate feature to make it easier to transfer.

Had to wrangle a bit with the vendor's staff, but I had already pre-paid for the up-down feature and they had previously run my card....ha.

Chair comes on Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back