Diagnosis
01/2011
Country
US
State
texas
City
la porte
i get 10 hours sleep at night, but i am tired when i wake up about 8am, about 4pm, and about 7pm. i do not take a nap.

Is your bed mattress a comfortable one?

NH

Not sure if it's the PLS in your case, but I experienced extreme and relentless fatigue some months ago. In fact, I stayed abed for much of the day at times. It was unclear to me if I had depression or simply fatigue, since I had neither condition before. My GP recommended an anti-depressant named Wellbutrin. She explained that this medication contains both mood elevator and energy boosting components. ( as opposed to the Paxil types which have mood elevation and sedating components). It takes about 4 weeks to kick in. I started it last December, and my life feels more like my own again. Of course I get fatigued when I overdo - but generally, I no longer need a nap every single day.

I have fatigue issues, but they are mainly caused from pain and over exertion issues. To me, I have just figured that it is a part of my life and I do what I have to do, after I do what I WANT to do. Then I kick back and rest when I just cannot do any longer. Some days I can't get out of bed, others I will suddenly get real sleepy sometime during the day and I will lay down and fall into a deep sleep for several hours. Usually having vivid dreams during those times. Talk to your doc, there could be an medibotical reason, like an iron or B12 deficiencies. I have already been checked and although as a child I always had low iron and was fatigued, I don't have the problem since we moved to AK in my 30's.

I was recently diagnosed and had fatigue I think a lot depression. I take CoQ10 and has given me more energy. (Or I think it has!)

Just a suggestion. Would taking a multivitamin help a little bit? Otherwise, maybe Boost or Ensure would help out.

I am having the same problem, can't keep my eyes open even when I get sleep, I guess that better than not being able to sleep.

Try taking a 20 minute nap and then fight through the fatigue. Coffee helps.....

by 4 or 5 o,clock every evening i struggle to keep my eyes open .....but i love it, so weary , i force myself to stay awake... drifting off into an irrisistable sleep is glorious...one of the delights of life..johnny

I just was out of the house for 4 days straight, and I am whipped. I won't be going anywhere for possibly several days. My doctor said that being tired is all part of this. I have learned to pick my battles, and keep on going.

I've noticed fatigue is more prominent whenever I've making a big effort to do something that's beyond my capabilities.
For example: if I walk at home more than my body (my legs, particularly) can endure I end up in bed so tired and fatigued that I can hardly do something else unless I rest enough to recover energy.

Carlos

I think it is not the matter of PLS problem .fatigue is caused by many of regions. If you’re stressed, it may be one of the regions. Try to do yoga. If yoga re a regular member of yoga exercises then I am 90% Suring such type of problems would not be able to hurt to in your further life.

I am fatigue most of the time. Just in case I did not tell more about myself and tell my name here it goes.
I am Dian (no e!) I live in Sugar Tree TN which is west TN on the TN river! I have not always lived her. I have been a medical secretary for the last 15 years and got laid off and brought in someone younger with less pay and less benefits. I was in the progress of getting a diagnoses. I was just diagnosed this June. I have a lot of questions. MD said it would be PLS/HSP. I am so glad to find your group.
Thanks for having me !
Dian

Sorry to have to say welcome. We are a good bunch of people. There is lots of information here. As for fatigue I can understand where you are coming from. My dr prescribed mestinon (sp) 60mg 4 times a day. It has been a God send for me. Before the med I could barely brush my teeth. Might be something for you to look into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back