04/2009
Country
US
State
Vermont
City
South Burlington
Hi All
I have "upper motor dominant" ALS. From early on in my diagnosis I noticed that my eyes are being pushed out a bit and as I push them in I feel substantial resistance. This is particularly true in the morning. Does spasticity effect your eyes too?

Also, I recently took Prednisone and found that it reduced my spasticity quite a lot, hs anyone else had that experience with Prednisone?

Thank you for your response, I sincerely appreciate it!

Frank

I might be wrong but, I haven't heard that the muscles of the eyes are affected by PLS or other MND.

About Prednisone use to treat spasticity, I didn't know about it but, if it's working for you, then that's good.

NH

Thank you NH!

Frank

I've been diagnosed with PLS and I often wake up with the feeling that something is wrong with my eye sockets. Don't have any advice - mine gets better as the day goes on.

Hi can you be more specific? What exactly are you feeling with your eye sockets in the morning?

Thank you
Frank

Well, it's hard to describe. Let me put it this way, are you ever aware of your eye sockets? I think I can feel them. All the way around. It's strange and a little scary, as though my skeleton were connected to my sensory system.....

One of my first symptoms at onset was a feeling that my eyes especially my left eye felt like it was twitching or moving back and forth in the eye socket. I get that symptom often but others say they can't visibly see my eyes moving around. But it's such a bizarre feeling. I've had my eyes checked as in the beginning I thought maybe it was MS and everything is normal. I know I've heard and researched that a lot of symptoms that I have are supposedly not PLS related but I feel like since it's so rare and everyones body is different that it's possible that the doctors just don't know everything. So yes I totally understand the eye stuff

I have read in the past that eye stiffness is more related to MS than it is to MND.
I could be wrong but that is what I've read.

NH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back