Diagnosis
08/2013
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Sault Ste. Marie
Hi once again. I wondered if anyone had cleansing of heavy metals suggested to them. I realize that this may normally be a good thing, but am cautious as to effect on liver and kidneys.
Any advice or light to be shed on this, thank you!

Linda

Hi,i think your talking about chanel therapy.
I have heard of some people trying this for mnd but there was no benefit.
We need a certain amount of zinc,iron,magnesium ect in our bodies for our health.
There has never been any proof(i did look exstensively into this)that dental fillings can cause neurological illness.
Over exposure to lead tends to cause respitory problems in some people or headaches.....i get headache.
With any detox program there needs to be caution.......sometimes it can cause more harm than good.

my husband tried some kind of cleansing at a naturopath--they introveinsiously (sp) gave him a big mix of vitamins and minerals several times.. no effect other than to our wallet. then they set him up to do a cleansing with sulfur-can't remember the exact name to that treatment. just about killed him--he did not know he was allergic to sulfur and luckily we got the needle out of his arm before it became to serious. If I had not been sitting there watching him the nurses would have thought that he just closed his eyes to nap.

Be careful! the side effects can outweigh the benefits.

What it's called "heavy metals" (as per Periodic Table of the Elements) are metals beyond atomic number 48 which include Cadmium, Mercury, Lead, etc.
Those aforementioned elements should be in the body as traces in the order of a millionth of a percent unless you were heavily exposed to them during your lifetime.

All the other metals (such as Magnesium, Iron, Manganese, Cobalt, Zinc, Copper, etc.) are necessary because they perform very important functions within the body, specially binding to enzymes (Cobalt bounds to vitamin B-12, Iron bounds to hemoglobin, etc.)
As long as they are NOT in excess within the body (e.g.: Zinc in the right quantities helps bust the immune system but, in excess...it may cause a horrible and irreversible neurological damage), they are necessary.

I think that those claims about "cleansing" should be taken with a grain of salt.
They may end up depleting your body of important elements and, doing much more harm than good.

I hope this helps.

NH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back