Diagnosis
03/2013
Country
US
State
Tx
City
Odessa
Received diagnosis in March for ALS. Symptoms started in Nov. of 2011 with coughing every time I ate, then limp in right leg in 2012, then unable to keep enough breath to read out loud, right hand unable to open bottles, then speech affected and swallowing liquids difficult. Lost 30 pounds in four months, so received PEG in April.
Like many of you, emotions were on the edge for a few weeks. Still have my days. Thankful for family of support. Friends continuing to pray and correspond.

I believe that God works through every situation to bring us to personal relationship with Him.
My prayer is that those in this forum would find strength, wisdom, courage, and comfort that we all soooo desperately need.

Kk

First off, welcome to the forum, so sorry that such a terrible disease has brought you here. I am assuming by your progression, that you are truely diagnosed with ALS vs PLS. It might benefit you more to post on the PALS (people with ALS) board to get more interactions with those who are dealing with that diagnoses. This particular part of the forum is for those who have PLS (primary lateral sclerosis) and although we are just as friendly, we might not be able to answer all of your questions you might have. We progress much slower.

So glad you have reached out though! And yes, God does allow us the strength to deal with every circumstance in our lives. As long as we abide in him and continue building our relationship with him, there is nothing that we cannot overcome. Circumstances of this world are temporary in the face of eternity.

Last edited:
Kk, welcome to the forum and like AK, I'm so sorry that you have to be here. That being said....you could not have joined a more caring or compassionate group of people. The forum contains of wealth of information as well as support. Take care and praying that God's continued strength is with you and yours.

Ruth

KK,

Glad you found us! Sorry you had to. This place is brimming with wonderful, caring, knowledgeable and just downright special people. I share your belief and in your prayer.

Hi hisjoy,welcome to the forum.
Sounds like you are bulbar onset als,please explore all the forums were you will find an abundance of information.

Please ignore the profile message you got......bogus person with false hopes....i have reported them.

olly, Thank you for the help.

No worries,that person is banned now.

No worries,that person is banned now.

Glad he was.
He even left one of those phony messages on my Profile page. I wish I could delete it.

NH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back