05/2003
Country
US
State
Georgia
City
Atlanta
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone tried a Fecal Transplant as a cure for PLS?

The Wikipedia article on Fecal Transplant say it may be of benefit for certain neurological conditions, but it doesn't say anything beyond that.

Thanks!

Jim

I've never heard about that! I would say that a stem cell transplant (stem cells from cord blood and NOT aborted fetuses) could be promising....but....HOW did the article say a fecal transplant would be beneficial if one can make his own feces? I wouldn't want someone else's waste shoved up my butt! I know that things that go into the anus can go directly into the bloodstream (like some vitamin supplements (like B-12) go directly into the bloodstream if taken sublingally) A fecal transplant sounds wild to me...!

It's suggesting it may help with MS and Parkinsons.

I'd venture to say it's full of crap--no pun intended. I believe it's really intended to help treat C-Diff--a hospital borne nasty as heck infection. Had it--it's rampant in hospitals.

It's imperative if you are EVER in the hospital that no one touches you that does not wash their hands upon entering your room.

People with weakened immune systems are more susceptible to c-diff.

The article on Parkinson's discusses antibiotic use--not sure why it's even listed as a reference in that article.

Are you having any co-existing intestinal issues?

A what:shock:....you can NOT be serious:shock:.....I mean....Honestly:roll:

I keep giggling everytime I see this..are we talking poo poo fecal or is there something else that I don't know about?

seems like most pals need help getting it out--don't want to put any extra in

Poo poo is right.

I believe the thinking is something to do with the probiotics or some-such. It's beyond my medical knowledge--but apparently it's used to treat c-diff...so yes...it's real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back