Diagnosis
12/2010
Country
US
State
GA
City
Atlanta
Spacicity is my helper, but becoming more than my old friend Baclofen can handle. As usual, my strength endures, but my control and stamina is faltering.

Time to prioritize those things that I can still accomplish.

I understand where your coming from on that! It seems that we have to make adjustments all the time. I am constantly having to decide what will be worth doing and spending my energy on and what would be best to leave for others to do because I actually don't have the hand strength anymore. Like tonight my daughter was helping me clean up 2 days worth of kitchen mess. Towards the end she was wiping counters and I desired to take the center piece under the burners out to wash in the sink because no one had done it since the last time I did months ago. The last time I did it, my hands could not scrub hard enough, so this time, I taught my 14 year old how to do it and she did great! So there is one more thing to cross off my don't do list anymore. I can still wipe a counter top down as long as there is nothing sticky on it!

Hang in there BB. We are all in this together.

Yes I too can understand where you are coming from. Cleaning is getting harder and harder. Bathroom soap scum is not my friend. I used to easily get that scum but now it is beating me! Ugh !

I know what you mean. When I have to cross stuff off I usually have a good cry then start to remind myself of the things I can still do. That way my cup is half full not 3/4 empty.:)

Wish I could say I can't relate.

My hands are so bad I can't scrub at all anymore. Used to be I could use my right hand for tuff stuff, but it's almost gone now as well, so it's out. Even brushing my own teeth is getting to be a struggle as I can't grip the toothbrush properly.

Think I deal much better with my legs going--I'd much rather have my hands and arms work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back