Diagnosis
12/2010
Country
US
State
GA
City
Atlanta
Going in on Wednesday to get a steroid shot into my cervical area for pain due to bulging disks in my neck. Not ALS related...the hits just keep on coming LOL.

Hoping for some relief as the pain and numbness is all the way down into my hand. I will continue PT. Hope this helps as the pain is overwhelming and I am cranky.

Wish me luck.
- Jerry

Good luck Jerry.

I have 2 friends who get similar shots periodically and they're good to go for about 6 months afterwards.
They get these administered by epidural.

Let's hope it gives you instant relief!

Merry Christmas- Santa may help in neutralizing your crankiness. Ha!

Ouch! I hope you find relief Jerry!

I hope the shot works for you Jerry and you find relief soon!

Will be thinking of you jerry,really hope it helps you.

Good luck Jerry. I've had two steroid injections in my shoulder. Works very well and the relief is wonderful. My first one lasted 18 months and the pain never returned to extent that I experienced before the shot. Boxing day is your big day--let us know how it goes.

Laurel

Good luck, Jerry! I had one for my R arm awhile back. Amazing! Hope you get good relief.

Hi jerry,have you had your shot yet?
Let us know how it went and how your doing?

Glad that NECC steroids are off the market!

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Has the shot given you comfort?

Thanks for checking on me.

My wife and I spent 5-1/2 hours at the hospital only to find out that since I had taken aspirin in the last five days that they could not do the procedure....sheesh

Rescheduled for first week in Jan. I appreciate the kind thoughts.

-J

Oh shucks! jerry,you would think they tell you these things before hand.
Usually a leaflet like they give if your having anesthetic.
Still thinking of you.

Going in tomorrow early... Bit anxious about pain, but hoping for a good result so I can quit taking all the meds. I need my remaining mobility before its gone.

I get facet block injections in the cervical area approximately three times a year. They reduce my migraines from approximately 4 - 5 times per week to only occasionally; I have a herniated disc, two bulging discs and degeneration of the facet joint. If it's the same thing that you are getting, it is done under a fluoroscope and consists of a topical anesthetic to freeze the area, followed by insertion of the needle and then injection. They inject me at three sites. I tend to be very squeamish with needle-related procedures but this gives me such relief that I actually look forward to it. For me, the most important thing is to simply focus on breathing in and out so that I don't let my imagination get away from me. Pain isn't an issue although I do feel pressure when the medications are actually being injected. I hope that your injection goes smoothly and you feel relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back