Diagnosis
04/2012
Country
US
State
Ma
City
Lynn
Had my baclofen test dose on 11/20. Was not a great experience. LEDs were so weak after. Evaluation says I should go for pump. I agree . Going for it. Anyone with any info on bac pump please feel free to share with me.

Doc has recommended that I consider the pump, but photos, description and required anti regection drugs have me spooked away. It requires major surgery and they run the catheter up the spinal sack to reach all the nerves.

Too much for me now. I will still juggle my 90 mg dose.

Saw the Neurologist today on a separate issue that requires an MRI. When I mentioned the pump, he said: "no more MRI's". That had not occurred to me. Another potential issue for me.

My neurologist has also suggested I consider the baclofen pump. I am put off by the idea of being bound to external wires and paraphernalia and all the restrictions that go with it. Of more appeal are botox injections which a few people here have reported beneficial.

You have to weigh the pros and cons. This is how it looks to me:

Pros:
The Baclofen pump MIGHT work.

Cons:
The Baclofen pump will not work. (This has been widely reported).
Major surgery with interior and exterior wires hanging out of your body.
Will disqualify you from any stem cell injection clinical trials.
MRI disqualification.
Very restrictive.

I am currently doing 80 mgs of Baclofen and Botox injections every three months. It does take about a month for the injections to work but after that they work very well.

I would recommend staying with the pills and giving your body time to adjust to the medication. One test dose is nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back