Diagnosis
07/2009
Country
US
State
VA
City
Richmond
The local ALSA rep sent out info today about this, and I thought some of you might be interested.

ALS Association / NEALS PALS Webinar: Upper Motor Neuron Disease Research

Upper Motor Neuron Research Webinar July 2nd, 3:00 - 3:40 PM EST

Hiroshi Mitsumoto, MD, (Columbia University) and Nazem Atassi, MD, MMSc, (Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School) will present their research initiatives for people with early Upper Motor Neuron Disease (UMD) and Primary Lateral Sclerosis (PLS).

Interested people can join the webinar on Monday, July 2nd, 2012 at 3:00 PM Eastern Standard Time. Please forward this information to those who may be interested.

Registration Instructions:

Please register to join the meeting by going online to: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/570063616

We recommend that you go online to register for the webinar a day or two before it is scheduled. After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar including dial-in information.

The program will ask that you enter your first and last name upon registration. In the interest of privacy, we ask that you enter your initials only or your first name and last initial.

The Go-To-Webinar software is compatible with the following computer systems:

PC Based attendees: Windows® 7, Vista, XP or 2003
Server Macintosh Based attendees: Mac OS® X 10.4.11 (Tiger®) or newer

Please register early.

Thanks Beky. I've registered.

Dr. Attasi is my Dex clinical trial doctor!

I'll have to register for this one...

Thanks, Beky. I haven't registered yet but have printed the information and will register a few days prior to July 2.

I posted a few hours ago, the doc from MGH is my Dex trial neuro!

Thanks so much Beky for this great information.

Cheers
Brother Rock

Thank you for the info!

Thanks! This might answer some of my UMN questions. You rock!

You guys will have to report back if it was good, my dog has to go to the vet.

would love to make this but I have an appointment scheduled for the time. I look forward to any info anyone can glean from it being posted for those who cannot go!

Joyce, the webinars will be archived and you'll be able to read or watch later at your convinience

I was away for the day and unable to attend. Any feedback on it from those who did watch it? Does anyone have a link to the archived webinar?

Thanks,
John

I'm so mad I missed it as well! I'll have to check the archives... and ask my doc next month when I go for month 14 of dex trial.

I watched it. The general gist, as I understood it, is studies of PLS patients are planned to try to determine if PLS is a type of ALS or another, but similar disease. ALS Clinics, neuro-muscular clinics, etc. all over the country will be contacted for information about PLS patients under treatment. Participants must have a minimum of four years of documented PLS history. I'm not sure whether this requirement means four years from the date of diagnosis or four years of documented symptoms.

Because so little is known about PLS, someone has decided to attempt to broaden the knowledge base.

Old Dog,

Many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back