Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
US
State
Missouri
City
Springfield
Why the disappointment? (you may ask...)

Oh, it came out with normal readings and that is all good, of course. No, no, no! It was a disappointment because the neurologist used too small of a needle and didn't wiggle the thing around enough. It was just plain, too comfortable. Next time, I'm requesting the big, square needle!

Now, the NCV test! Wow! That was a real kicker! Loved the high voltage runs! Do it to me one more time! Once is never enough!

Yep, that one was a normal read, too. All good. The Doc isn't convinced I have PLS because I'm not much different than 4 years ago (another good thing) but whatever it is has spread up my left side to encompass my hip and left forearm. Stiffness but no weakness (good, good, good!).

So, doc, if you're reading this, the next time we do this EMG thing, have some fun with it!

What? YOU went to an actual doctor for an EMG? I thought you were into knitting needles and car batteries? ;)

But hooray for clean EMG! I'm chartreuse with envy!

The Mrs. wouldn't take my word on my DIY results with the knitting needle and car battery EMG kit. She insisted I get "the real thing". Tried to tell her it would be a waste of money because all "the real thing" would do is confirm my results. I was right...

Also, read that the voice of Gumby died. Miss him!

Ha! They're singing my song!

Thank you!

I second the hooray for a clean EMG. (But sorry you need to keep getting them. :) On my first post-diagnosis visit, the only 'good news' I heard from my doctor was I didn't need anymore EMGs! :)

If you use the knitting needles and car battery, will you get a clean EMG? Lemme try it! :)

Helen, I can only say the knitting needle/car battery EMG machine worked for me!

glad it was clean Kim, sorry they still not any closer to a diagnosis. Last EMG/CSV I had they might as well use knitting needles and 2 car batteries! I think they fried a few of my circuts!

Congratulations Kiddo! :)

Great news on the tests! Never thought of car batteries and knitting needles��

Jen

But Zaph, I heard you also used some of those piano wires to conduct your EMGs... tell me how that worked out for ya!

Glad it was clear--but how can PLS be ruled out when it wouldn't show up in an EMG? I'm so confuzled (a constant state for me)

Don't you just LOVE it when you're right? ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back