Diagnosis
08/2006
Country
US
State
Florida
City
Osprey
It has been 2 1/2 years since I started having symptoms. They began after I contracted a bacterial infection, subsequent abscess, and deadly infection, all from a pain management shot. It took 5 months to clear my bloodstream, tissues and bones from the infection. HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD SYMPTOMS WHICH STARTED DURING OR IMMEDIATELY AFTER AN INFECTION? I began by falling, losing balance, having difficulty walking etc. etc. Symtoms most prominent on left side at first...gradually moved to right. Small motor control is becoming difficult. Spasticity and cramping of legs and feet is bad. I keep falling and can't get up once down. I've broken my arm, shoulder ,ribs and teeth..all at different times. I was originally diagnosed with MS at Colombia Presby in N>Y> Univ of Miami said it was not ALS. After a week of studies at the Mayo in Rochester, it was diagnosed as a progressive upper motor neuron syndrome. Impression is that it is most likely PLS. I find the thought of the future quite frightening, but try to live one day at a time and parralel to to the problems. I use a cane during the day but a walker whenever I am at home. My wife is veryi supportive but still maintains a significant degree of denial. This is really bothersome! I will be 63 next month and pray for a very slow progression. I am at the point where I believe that "getting better" is not getting worse. The therapy I incorporate is Diazapam 3X per day, Zanaflex 3X per day, and a personal trainer 3X per week..attempt to swim, build strength in my arms which I need so badly to help me move when I am in bed. I am also STRETCHED by the trainer each session. Any other ideas? Looking forward to hearing from you. Many thanks.

Raymond B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back