Diagnosis
12/2010
Country
US
State
nv
City
Henderson
Next month I will be flying for t he first time since being diagnosed with ALS. Here is my worry. If on the flight I feel the "urge" to use the bathroom can I make it from my seat to the bat hroom on time. Not making it would be soooooooooooooo bad. Should I get a bag? If so where and what type.
Its actually funny to be writing about this. lol

How long is your flight going to be? If only a couple hours, pee before boarding, try not to drink much before boarding. I don't know about bags and such though.

Bob used a condom catheter and a bag when travelling. Very convenient. No questions asked or anything. Good luck. Yasmin

On trips too long for controlled dehydration, I wear an adult diaper. If it doesn't come up, great, otherwise...

If you're still pretty mobile, you can request a seat near the front or rear of the plane--where the restrooms are. If you're male, a condom cath wtih a leg bag may be what you want.

I'd go with toka's suggestion if you're female. And as others said-limit your fluid intake before you travel--and while in flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back