johnnyliverpool1

Distinguished member
Country
uk
State
moved back to blighty
City
britain
quiet on here..missing some posters , were av they gone..........here i am minding my own busines , reading up on the boards ..and it struck me ..not literaly, a thought..an observation...pls is not pls...its a syndrome.a set of symptoms...cause unknown..how can it get a name without a cause..there we are my thought for the day.....some of you might think. what a pointless thread and i wouldnt disagree..just maybe.it is food for thought.....av a nice day, johnny....

Not pointless at all Dear Friend. Deep thoughts. It's good to see you! Yes, the powers that be lump a bunch of symptoms together and give it a nice neat name and put it on the shelf with all the other bundles up there. Such is life. Love to you Johnny!

gee johnny! you have a deep thought there! I find it interesting though, they do not necessarily call it a syndrome because a syndrome is just a set of symptoms that have no physical clues to why rather than they just are. Yet PLS can be seen where ever the upper neurons are at least after you die and they do an autopsy. So that is the only time it can truely positively be confirmed. Alot of good that does anyone right? But if they have documented it physically in other poor souls that have gone on before us, they at least have a starting point for a treatment or cure...at least one can only hope.

Have a good day Johnny! Yes it has been quiet here on the pls board.

aka...umn syndrome is hyperreflex.....lmn is flaccid reflex...als is combination of both....how can it be possible for both to exist at the same time......i have been on here a good while now..u would think id had workd it out ..when i get my autopsy result am gonna av the biggest party ever,,no neuru..s lnvited....johnny

Ah, Johnny,

I'll be partying with ya. My body's going to the docs too. I surely don't wanna take it with me! I wanna have fun and not be dragging some fuddy duddy sack around.

hi there johnny.
pls/pma/als are all classed as mnd,they just effect neurons differently be it umn/lmn/or umn and lmn.
some feel all three are the same desease with just a difference in variation others think there totally different deseases from each other.
they have found on autopsy that those with pls during life have signs of lmn progression and if they had lived longer would present more like als.........same as in pma,they have found on autopsy umn damage too indicating possible als.
with umn dominant als being recognised as a variant i believe all types of mnd's are the same desease just different progression.
i agree with joyce,they can name it just like in pma/als as on autopsy the desease process can be seen on autopsy.........though untill autopsy no diagnosed is 100%.
hope my explanation helps johnny.

thanks ollie...its tough this neuro business....seems to me, until they find out why and a cure then its all mish without the mash.....glad to av u back....loves johnny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back