Reason
DX UMND/PLS
Country
NZ
State
NZ
City
NZ
I have just got back from my Neuro appt and after the progression at the last appointment, I now have remarkable improvement in my spasticity and one of my pathological refexes.
My final emg was normal, I discharged myself from further appointments and will be happy with " I dont know what it is, but its some sort of pyramidal disorder". It hasnt progressed therefore I am taking myself out of the MND box.
The only thing I have done is lose 45 lbs and exercise hard for an hour a day. Who knows but I dont care. The one thing this forum has taught me is to take each day that we have been given, find the positives in it and dont look to the next. One day at a time.
Sounds good to me.
Best wishes to you all
Aly

Yeah for you Aly...But you better not even THINK of leaving us again, you are so supportive as you can related to all our junk, and a wonderful cook...lol ........I am happy the emg showed nothing ....BIG SMIlE...:)

So did you finish that wine bottle yet?....LOL............:)

Good news, good news.

YYYYIIIIIPPPPPPIIIIEEEEEE, HHHOOOOORRRAAAYYYY:):):):):):):):):)
but DON'T LEAVE YOUR FRIENDS:(:(:(

Aly, I'm so incredibly happy that PLS is off the table... and for whatever reasons you were lead to this site, you are here and cannot ditch us now! :) So don't even think about it, hard as it is sometimes for all of us, we all need each other sometimes to get through the next few minutes!

Oh, and btw, losing 45 lbs and starting to work out is a great accomplishment, and is probably a major part of why you're doing so much better! Love you lots,
Helen

Well this is FANTABULOUS! Couldnt be happier for you! If you leave us I will find you....

Aly,
That's the news I like to hear.
That 45 lbs was the weight off your shoulders!

Cheers,
Casey

Excellent news Alypie! Womderful news! :)

Hip Hip Horaaaaaay! Congrats on the weight loss Aly and kudos to you for working out!

Thank all for the well wishing. I won't go anywhere, love you all too much. I still have a limp and weak hips so that can be my entry ticket :)
My greatest challenge will be convincing my dear husband who was a bit upset that I kissed neurology goodbye. I don't think he was even convinced by my good EMG. He belongs on the do I have threads :).
Y'all have a good day, I need to finish packing for my holiday again. I really should get a job.......maybe:)

Yay for you Aly! I too have kissed the neuros goodbye last may when Mayo clinic was still scratching their heads even after obvious signs and they said they couldn't figure it out. Well good riddence is what I say. Life is short enough without having to chase this all your life. I think we do better just getting on with our weaknesses and live life to the fullest better this way.

I am glad you are hanging around here. You are such a blessing to all, and a valuable source of info too. We can just be puzzles together for the medical field and figure out our own pieces to hold us together.

Hooray, Aly,!

Aly,
Wow weeeeeee! I am doing the happy dance for you. You are such a love and thank you dear for not leaving us. This news has made my day, week, etc. Relish in your good news.
Linda

I am relishing, Linda.
Just had coffee with my dad and told him. It felt good, really good. Going to sell the wheelchair that I needed 3 years ago.actually on second thoughts I might start a loan closet or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back