johnnyliverpool1

Distinguished member
Country
uk
State
moved back to blighty
City
britain
......motor neuron desease they call it...but why a desease....cos all they got is a collection of signs symptoms and no cause....just a syndrome..i.e. motor neuron syndrome it should be called....johnnypooler....am i right or am i right...

I'm medically illeterate, but I think your'e onto something!

I agree Johnny, they lump us under the ALS umbrella.

I agree also, as I read the word ALS I immediaitly thought of..A-lways L-osing S-omething. Just thought I would share.

It certainly causes Dis. Ease though.......... I tell people I have an UMN syndrome, that's exactly what it is!

Saw a commercial yesterday and it said that at present there 14,000 diseases on record. No wonder it takes so long for some to be diagnosed.

AL.

And new ones appear all the time... I am of the opinion that medicine is least developed concerning the human brain.

I just finished reading the memoirs of a well known Australian surgeon who was dying of a brain tumour. He mentioned early on in the book, that he would never specialize in neurology because half the patients don't get a diagnosis and when they do, the illnesses are not curable.......spot on.

Notgivnup - I love your name for ALS - always losing something! I distinctly recall saying "good-bye" to my left hand/arm this summer - the day I knew, in spite of no diagnosis, that it was never coming back.

Ten years ago, I took care of my mother who had Alzheimer's. It's known as "the long good-bye" for the caregivers. ALS is the long good-bye for the people who have it - goodbye to each body part.

You guys and this forum are a God-send!:lol:

roderick... am not medically illiterate.. am just thick....but what a good place to be ..cos wat u dont know dont hurt.......soft lad...

roderick... am not medically illiterate.. am just thick....but what a good place to be ..cos wat u dont know dont hurt.......soft lad...

Well Johnny, I don't know what it is, but it hurts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back