08/2011
Country
US
State
Fl
City
Orlando
Hey Guys

Weird stuff going on that I don't know if is UMN or LMN or nothing to worry about.

I smoke (yeah, yeah, bad for me) but I'm finding that I can't hold a cigarette--it just falls between my fingers--both hands now--was just the left.

And when I'm holdign things with my hands at all--they shake badly or simply give out. It's very strange.

I was trying to hold a bag of potato sticks - 4 whole ounces-- and I keep having it slip right out of my hands.

Any ideas?

hi notme.
yes,every now and again my forearms and hands shake really bad when i hold something up.........like the phone or a fork to the mouth.
done this for many years,i did ask my pt some years ago and she said it was due to weak torso muscles,not sure if she was right but i thought it felt and looked like clonus..........maybe coming from the elbow when its in a bent position while grasping something.
not sure about things slipping out of your hands,i know sometimes i can drop something ,go to pick it up and drop it again straight away even done this several times in a row.

i've just had an a apostrophy (sp):shock:
the reason why i think its more like clonus is.............
when your in a seated position and lift your heel off the floor it can jump up and down like the clappers..........clonus.
this is exactly what its like in the forearms and hand when they shake like mad in the position i mentioned above.

I too am a smoker not me ( tsk tsk ) and I have noticed over the last couple of weeks that I have started gagging when I inhale , the gag isnt confined to smoking but also when I stick my tongue out , but especially when I cough my jaw is also getting tired when I chew . This is something new just wondered if this is also an UMN issue or something unrelated.

At least i'm smoking less :)

On the shaking arms/ hands my doc said this is spasticity. I do have clonus in my knees maybe its also in my arms now

X Mary x

epiphany.........what am i like:roll:,you know were i got that mistake from......yes,peter pan lol.
i just blame it on the cognitive dysfunction like everything else.

mary,yes increased gag reflex and weakness of the chewing muscles(mastification muscles) are umn symptoms.
my lower facial muscles are quite weak after some years with dificulty chewing.

increased yawning is also a symptom, which can hurt if the jaw is stiff.

Oooer missus ...mastification ! .is that the same as.mastication , you make me laugh :D

I do yawn more ,had put it down to utter bordom from not working .

X Mary x

oh mary,had to cross my legs real tight:lol::lol::lol:

Hee hee ....( wicked grin )...........its good to giggle :)

XMaryx

mary, dont mock the afflicted:(:wink:
after 6pm my brain turns to mush..........some days i wake up with it mushy:roll:

Would'nt dream of it mush , I had to Ask my son what his name was the other day having gone through every other name in the house ....he just stared at me !

XMaryx

personally..i think the gag reflex , jaw stiffness is caused by yous womens....talking too much..........benny hill

johnny,the reason why we gab too much is because yous men never listen ...........years of repeating ourselves lol.

i've just had an a apostrophy (sp):shock:
the reason why i think its more like clonus is.............
when your in a seated position and lift your heel off the floor it can jump up and down like the clappers..........clonus.
this is exactly what its like in the forearms and hand when they shake like mad in the position i mentioned above.

I didn't remember mentioning my legs do that--but they do--EVERY time. And i can't stop it--until I put my heel down--which sucks, because my heel down hurts the unhealed ulcer, so I've resorted to sitting with my feet (upper only) on a ottoman and my knees slightly bent.

My hands and arms are just getting really, really bad. I can't do my job like this--not when I can't control my hands.

Typing is an exercise in frustration--because my 75WPM speed has declined to a two fingered peck with unintentional clicks on the damn mouse thingy on laptops because my thumbs won't stop MOVING on their own.

One of my few pleasures in life is writing--I love to write--and it's so frustrating for me now, I haven't written a word in months. I have a third book in a trilogy I wrote due out--and I can't finish it. I get too upset when my hands won't work.

I can deal with legs--I'm good with using a scooter--not a biggie after so long...but I don't know what to do about the hands. I'm even posting here less because it's so damn frustrating to type.

Done whining now. I don't know what the doc can do other than the Baclofen.

Not me , so sorry for what you are going through. Do they make a programme for computers with predictive text , like on mobile phones ,this would be great for you if they did . Just a thought to maybe make typing a little easier for you .

What books do you write , would love to read one if I could , never new an author before all be it via cyber space .

Johnny score 1 for the girls ......back of the net by Olly

XMaryx

ollie an molly..wat a double act...use both sound like my missus.......an i know when am beat....am off for a pint wi the lads.........softlad.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back