Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
US
State
Missouri
City
Springfield
Last week I took my car in to the shop at 8:00am to have the rear brake calipers and pads replaced as they were toast. The car would not be ready for at least 2 hours and I had a meeting to attend at 9:30 about 1.5 miles away which meant, time for a walk.

Okay, so, after walking 3 miles that day, the tendons in my ankles were shot. I discovered this the next morning when I attempted to get out of bed and walk to the bathroom. A guy ought to be able to walk 3 miles without experiencing a bad case of doms, right?

We have been in recovery mode for a week now and things are getting better but my hamstrings and cafl muscles are still mad at me. Stupid brakes...

oh kim,i know how you must be feeling.........been there many many times.
i know it can be so soul deflating not being able to do something that should be so natural and easy for us to do.
sometimes you get days were you think your ok and not that bad,try to take on extra stuff and for a short while seem to be doing well.........
then pls smacks you in the face and brings you back to reality.
i know now i can only walk probably 50yards max outside before my legs are screeming at me and i come to a complete standstill unable to move................the calf muscles are the worst offenders.
not having done stairs for a long time i have found out last week that i can no longer get up them.

hopefully everything will settle down again........dont go walking so far in future.
you are so much like the rest of us plser's,that is why i dont believe the possible new alternative diagnosis.
take care dear friend.

I don't know if this will help you, but my son has a bad case of growing pains that affect the Achilles tendon area. We freeze water in Dixie cups, then roll them on his ankle area for a while.

I know your situation is much different, but thought that might just provide you a bit of relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back