Country
US
State
Missouri
City
Springfield
Or

"She Took Away My Diagnosis" thread

I had a follow-up exam with a neurologist this week that took the place of the guys that left and the exam results were "completely within normal limits". This doctor doesn't believe I have PLS but rather that I "may have" psoriatic arthritis". A dermatologist diagnosed me as having "inverted psoriasis" a few years back and I do occasionally have small, patchy rashes appear.

My Babinski disappeared! (again) Wonder where it went off too?

I also have been found to have identical oligoclonal bands in serum and csf. This doctor has a consult request in with a rheumy and we are also awaiting results from the newest batch of blood that was drawn this week. Silly vampires! This time we filled about 6 viles because a few of them would be doubled-up on for different tests.

Ha! I'm back in Limbo-Land! What a pleasant place! Isn't this fun?

Does this mean I'm no longer welcomed/qualified to post on the PLS board?

I rejoice at the hearing of this good news and now, once again, look forward to what's next!

Last edited:
hi Zaphoon,
My mother has psoriatic arthritis. Autoimmune issues run in our family. Her symptoms started in her late 20s, she is now 60 and was not diagnosed until the age of 53 by a rheumatologist. She also has had terrible psoriasis. I have only had it in my scalp. Well the good news is that it is treatable. Good luck!
GT

Did your mother experience any atrophy or have trouble with her legs due to her psoriatic arthritis? Did she suffer any sort of continual muscle stiffness and cramps? If she did, I'm a happy man! (not for all that she suffered, of course but because of the similarities!)

oh kim ,that is promising news.........wish i had that.
whatever you have it makes no difference to us...............life without our pz on the forum does not bare thinking about.

Caroline, you just made my day! Thank you!

hey i mean every word;):smile:

Thank you for your every kindness, Caroline!

We can't do without you Kim! Great news! Don't leave us! xoxo!

Sooooo happy for you Kim. I knew this week would bring us good news!
Don't go off and find another site. We'll miss you too much.
Susan

So sorry for what you are being made to go through. It must be so confusing. But I do hope you have something treatable.

But we do need you here, what are we going to do without our favorite Pub to let a little steam off in?..Your the best bartender!

I think it's all a guessing game for the docs, but we all know what are bodies are doing is not right. Hang in there, will be praying for you!
((HUGS))

Kim

I'm glad for the new diagnosis--and am interested in the answers to your questions, too--as all my signs are UMN--and my auto-immune blood tests are all abnormal. I'd never heard of that type of arthritis until a commercial from some Golfer.

Aren't bands in CSF from MS? I hate to even say it--but are you SURE this new neuro is right?

Although, wouldn't something like MS potentially cause those UMN signs to come and go? Aren't you having a particularly bad week with pain right now?

Oh...and of course you can't go! If you have to go, then I have to go, and I don't wanna go either! I've come to care for a great many people here.

Who else will remind me I'm feeding trolls? (other than Allen and Al, of course)

Edit to add: Did your Spinal Tap by any chance cause your legs to jerk all on their own? Kind of like a major clonus episode you couldn't control?

I was thinking about those today--I had one 20+ years ago that put me in the hospital for 10 days it made me so sick (abnormal--but don't remember why) and a second at Mayo clinic that again started the legs to jerk and days of spinal headache. I will NEVER have another for any reason.

My kid had one to diagnose her meningitis and flew right through it with no problems and she was only 10. I almost didn't let them do it because my experience was so bad.

Yay, and I would kick your butt from afar if you went away. I will hopefully be in the same boat as you sometime.
Apparently there is a genetic test for HSP that I am soon to be marched of to have!

Love you PZ
Aly

I am just feeling the luv from you all! Thank you for not throwing me out of the place!

Regarding the oligoclonal bands: the doc stated that mine were identical in serum and csf. Regarding the bands in MS, they evidently are different looking than the bands I have. The neuro that did my spinal tap was looking for something that would point to MS. These identical bands of mine could be caused by an inflammatory disease, such as psoriatic arthritis. This is my understanding but someone can feel free to kick me if I'm off. (no worries - I'm padded!)

http://www.antibodypatterns.com/ief.php

Last edited:
I am just feeling the luv from you all! Thank you for not throwing me out of the place!

Throw you out and keep the twitchers? That would be a lousy trade. :lol:

Congratulations, PZ.

YYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY for you! Finally some good news on here! Hip hip HOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRAAAAAAYYYYY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back