Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
US
State
Missouri
City
Springfield
For the past 24 hours, one of my ankles has had a constant, throbbing, spastic muscle or tendon that has been driving me nuts! I've tried massaging it out, rubbing out, praying it out, beating it out and it continues to gnaw.

Went to bed with it, woke up with it, suffered all day with it.

Alas! I have the answer! AMPUTATE!

Then you will just swap it for an imaginary phatom gnaw! What do you have in your lab? Glass of whiskey maybe.
If it doesn't stop maybe see a physiotherapist for some stretching and manipulation. Maybe even acupuncture? Ouch

NOOOOOOOOO, DON'T AMPUTATE! Take a couple Ibus. That always helps me with my aches and pains. You need that foot! You'll be lopsided if you cut it off and it'll still hurt if you do! Probably worse! ;)

yep,i get that quite alot mostly in left ankle.................quite alot it will start when in bed and trying to get to sleep,then i too want to chop it off.

My left ankle is my weird one. When it does that painful thing, I try an icepack and if that doesn't work, heat. HEAT is better for tight muscles. Ice if it's possible you've injured it somehow.

Hope it's feeling better by now. If you decide on Amputation--be sure to donate the leg to science! (Oh, and get home of the pretty pink prosthetic ones they have)

There are times I wish they'd just cut mine off at the knees, but with my luck, the phantom pain would be just as bad, so guess I'll keep the dumb things.

How are you going to play the piano with only 5 toes?

Good point Barry! :D

My right ankle is perpetually sore and looks feels sprained since I rolled over on it in May. Guess that how it's going to stay. It just kind of dangles there now. Thank goodness I have two! And a good cane. ;)

zapho..my ankle hasni hurt fo ages...am feeling left out...should i have it cut off anyway....and when it does hurt it wont hurt.....sometimes my head hurts...loves johnny

Johnny, while I contemplate amputating my left leg at the ankle, I wouldn't suggest amputating your head to solve its hurting.

I find the cane very useful in controlling the kids and the dog as well! :)

Seriously, I feel like an elephant trainer sometimes with my dog, sometimes I have to tap her to stop jumping on people! :) I just came back from a walk with her, me on the scooter and her jogging beside me.

My left ankle doesn't hurt much anymore, but it was perpetually sprained it seemed like the last 17 years. I found that the only time it didn't hurt was when I used magnet insoles in my shoes... still use them and it helped a lot when I fell in July and I really hurt my "good" foot. Entire foot was purple for a week or more! That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :)

Hmm...I'll have to check that out Helen. I used to wear a hematite and magnet bracelet but I can't find it lately. It's probably stuck to some metal somewhere. That's happened a couple times. Canes are also good at controling bosses too I've found. The obnoxious one. :)

Kim here is a story for you...
My step moms brother had horrible pain in his leg for 20+ years. Tried everything. Pills, therapy, whatever else there is. He got to the point where he asked the dr to amputate. Of course they said no.
What did he do?
He went home, and built one of those things that they used to use to cut peoples heads off. you know, they stick their head and hands thru a wooded board and then a blade is dropped onto the neck? YEAH. One of those. He then stuck his leg thru it and CHOP!

Not sure why i shared this. But maybe it made you smile and forget about your pain for a minute.

Liz, is that for reals? He made a gillotine and chopped his leg off!? I think you win the prize for the craziest uncle! Did he survive?

Kim I can understand what your going through. My right foot will turn inward and get stuck in that position for days! Very aggrevating. No matter what I do it doesn't improve much. I have to manually have it stretched the opposite direction just to try and keep it from being permanent.

OMGosh Liz! I hope you're kidding! Please tell me you're kidding!

i am very much not kidding and yes he did survive. he called 911 immediately afterward. It was only a partial amputation but was so severe that the drs were forced to finish it.
i never met the guy. in fact, my step mom just told me about it for the first time just a few weeks ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back