Diagnosis
11/1995
Country
US
State
Tx
City
Amarillo
A few years back I got new glasses, metal frames, after about two hours wearing them I could feel myself losing some of my abilities. I have PLS and can tell when I lose the least ability to do anything, some of you probably know what I'm saying. I took the glasses off and got old plastic ones out. I started thinking back, I got glasses in about 89 or 90, but only wore them to read, sometimes I needed them in my work, I was a plumber and had to read blueprints. Later I started wearing them all the time. about that time I noticed when I handled copper, which was pretty often, my left hand would turn purple, I should have asked a doctor about it, I started to lose strength in my left arm, my left leg started dragging a little. I went to a dr. he done tests and thought was thyroid, he put me on medication but it did'nt help. He sent to a neuroligist, he done a emg test and said he thought I had ALS. He sent me to Houston, Dr. Stanley Appel diagnosed PLS. I think it was the metal frame glasses.

Sounds like a coincidence to me. I've been wearing wire rimmed glasses for at least 40 years and I really doubt if they affected anything other than my poor vision.

well fluvanna...as good a theory as any...i suppose.....they can fly to the moon and back but cant...al leave it there.....barryg....your a brick..........the pooler..

Johnny, I hope being a brick is a good thing?
Cheers, Barry

of course barry..wat else........a brick is solid and strong...absorbs and repels all weathers and comes in attractive designs.....reliance and resistance...trustworthy we build our houses in em.....besides its an expression used in dear old blighty.....and most deff complimentary....loves u mate....johnnyliverpool..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back