johnnyliverpool1

Distinguished member
Country
uk
State
moved back to blighty
City
britain
.....and me last cos u r getting bored ...a get up in the morning stiff as a board feeling like a wizzan decrepid old fuddy duddy on his last legs, worthy only of the nackers yard....then i looks into the bathroom mirror...and shocks...i looks good...even if a say so mesen....why.....cos i reckon me dodgy umn,s are exercising my body at all times with the spaz stuff....so feel shit look tidy...everybody says..u r looking well johnnypooler...well a should do, me muscles are on permanent shift..weird side effect...wad u think....dos u look good......johnnyliverpool

Not first thing in the morning I don't! LOL! Poor Dear Poolers. I have stiffness first thing in the morning in my calves. I can hardly walk at first. By the time my bath is running it's all stretched out for the day. I know what you mean when you say you feel like a decrepid old fuddy duddy on his last legs. I feel that way every morning but when I look in the mirror I look not so hot.
Hugs to you Mr. Fuddy Duddy!

After my bath and a blow dry I look pretty good though! ;)

everything is reletive ms pie...expect the worst and anything less is real good........johnno

True words my friend!

Johnny- Ive got a friend who has Cerebal Palsy- different from UMN, but he has muscles like youve never seen from how tight he keeps them. Washboard abs... and he doesnt even know it!

litzy..must be real tough on him...permenant non stop workout...poor lad.....pooler

yes johnny, it is hard on him. he has a baclofen pump to help him relax, but it doesnt completely stop it. it wears him out and he has to take multiple naps a day. sometimes he just cries because he is so sore and tired. He cannot speak so sometimes its difficult to know what to do for him.

Geez that sounds terrible. ALS truly sucks but I am aware that there are much worse things. Love to you both!

I'm always really bad in the morning. I used to jump up and start my day. I've had to make my classes I teach start later because I have to be up a minimum of two hours before the body starts to work properly.

I hobble for at least an hour. LOL< I avoid mirrors.

Patty, didn't you say your legs look better then ever now? Must be because of spasticity. Mine look pretty good too! :)

my leg muscles looked pretty good till about 6 months ago...now there are dents in them and only half the calf is plump, the other half is skinny. I am thinking the AFO's for the foot drop are making other muscles atrophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back