ok then....to continue on my theme of the wierd..

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyliverpool1

Distinguished member
Country
uk
State
moved back to blighty
City
britain
...i before e excepi after c....anyway me last thread attracted one reply but i am a stickler..so what about this then...now i get a reflex from noises..and some umn ers do i know..but do u get this at all...when the wife catches me out in a lie..which is often....or am caught out with a bit of embarresment.. i get the strangest sensation up the back of both arms, from the top of my shoulders to tha very tips of my elbows...weird or what..honest, would i lie to use...any explanations please ...johnnyflumuxed.please excuse the jap typewriter..i cant get the question mark..

Howdy friend! When I get a start or a scare, like a near miss in traffic, I get a prickly feeling on the back of my neck and arms and it happens so fast I don't know where else. I always thought that my heart just jumped and sent a little blood surge or something. Wierd is right! Cheers to you Johnny!

I jump when I hear something loud. My arms actually flail outward Never did that before. Stated about 6 months ago when the dog barked and my tea went flying.

isnt this what hyper reflexes are? thought that was part of it all... but johnny, you have umn syndrome? I dont know much about that.

lizty..umn syndrome is.hyperreflexia..babinski..spasticity and clonus...same as pls ...thats why am here....no diagnosed..but of course umn symtoms can be caused by other obscure things..but am sure i dont know and me neuros dont no..but al find out after me autopsy, and it will be a great day cos ..as the say...its good to know...loves pooler.

No prob Toots!

thanks for the explanation johnny- Im afraid im of no help to you. so sorry.
I do, however, hope they figure this out for you very soon and i offer you my support.

I've had bouts with the startle reflex being hyper and it has been a bit embarrassing for me, too. It can be humbling when your wife scares the tar out of you just by walking in a room unexpectedly.

It's no fun thinking you may be turning into a great, big, sissified panzie!

i have an idea.... quit lieing to the missus! LOL

I've had bouts with the startle reflex being hyper and it has been a bit embarrassing for me, too. It can be humbling when your wife scares the tar out of you just by walking in a room unexpectedly.

It's no fun thinking you may be turning into a great, big, sissified panzie!

I agree, I jump at "everything...doorbell ringing, phone ringing, dog barking, someone coming into a room without making any noise first". It is embarrassing, my wife has learned to give a little cough or something before she enters so I don't jump. It gets to the point that if I am taking a drink of something I try to pick it up quick, take my drink, and set it back down. I have had plenty of drinks end up on my shirt from being hyper/jumpy.

Guess we're turning back into babies.... like the Moro Reflex? :)

I remember my Aunt Myrt would jump at anything, especially bugs... when we were kids, we'd toss a pack of matches in her direction and yell "bug"! Way too funny, though I think she added to it for our entertainment.

It's called "Heightened Startle Reflex". I have it bad. I have to wear shooters-earmuffs at work to block the noise. Sneezes bother me, loud talking bothers me, heals on marble bother me, sirens, you name it, it all bothers me. : (

cor blimey jim..u got it real bad me old son..and a said that n a whisper....a do know were ur coming from but am no were near as ur...hope it gives u a breather every now and then...the best to you ..johnny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back