11/2009
Country
US
State
Alaska
City
Wasilla
jimmie.jpg

Ok ordered my Jimmie today from spinlife. Going to have to have it shipped to my moms house in Idaho in order for me to have the free shipping. But I will be going there mid June so no worries...it should be waiting for me to use then bring back home to Alaska on the plane.

It breaks down to 3 pieces for transport with the heaviest piece weighing only 35lbs. The seat and foot plate are also adjustable so to fit my short stature. Also it goes up to 3.75 mph which will be fine for the traveling I will use it for. My lil one will have to keep up with that. Also it goes up to 10 miles per charge...which since I will mainly use it for airport travels and cruises ships and around home. All where I can get charged pretty quickly if need be.

Not the most expensive out there but for my first one it should be fine.:mrgreen:

Good luck with the new wheels Joyce. You may just have to customise it up with some colour once you get 'jimmie' home.

Veeeeeery nice indeed. Now don't forget to pimp your ride! A flower pot with a nice geranium, flag to let people know you are coming, a GPS will be handy, and you definitely need a DVD player with surround sound......go Joyce :)

glad you will be getting them wheels soon..looks like a nice one!:)

Joyce, it looks very good! And if one day you have to go to the high falutin' tilt/recline/elevate big girl wheels, you'll have a back up. My borrowed little one is still around for emergencies, and I'm grateful to have it. And Joyce, no one can say you didn't go without a good fight--you've put up with a lot on your own two feet.

I'm thinking on buying a fancy seat cover so I don't sweat on the leather! Also going to use bungie straps to rig up canes holder in the around in the back of the seat. They wanted way to much money for a cheapy looking contraption to hold one cane. I have two cans and bungies are great!

GREAT RIDE:grin:

don't forget your plate when pimping it up joyce.
i know the add ons for these things are expensive,so too are the stick holders...........my mum solved the problem and got me the fold down walking sticks that can took into the back pack on my scooter.

oh joyce i am so pleased and excited for you,i b et you can not wait.
you will be like me wanting to get out,sadly its been raining alot and i have very itchy feet............hurry up sun!

a workman came yesterday and he was lovingly eyeing up my scooter,said it was very dapper.........thought he was going to run off with it lol.

Oh OH Oh---I WANT ONE!

I had just made a post asking about portable wheelchairs! Is it horribly expensive? It's exactly what I need! I'm so excited for you! I hope you love it.

I used to have a Hoveround, but I gave it away to someone that I felt needed it worse than I did at the time--also it wasn't at all portable, of course--they weigh a TON.

Patty, at the spinlife sit e it was their cheapest model of transportable power chairs. And it seems to have better features than the pride n go or whatever the popular named ones are. It seems to be about 1/2 to 1 inch taller at the bottom so you have a 2 inch clearance. Still not a great amount but better than most scooters. Then there is the adjustable captain style seat verses the molded plastic the other chairs had. The chair just looks more comfortable than the others. The arm rests move up and so does the footplate (supposidly). And the seat is hight adjustable. Not sure but I think it does have a slight inclining back seat too. The cost included shipping in the continuous 48 of the states. The pricing on that site seems to be compatable with any of the larger sit es that are reputable. They say this one can be billed to insurance if you go through their hoops. O2 tanks holders are extra cost and depending on what style you order. Hope you find something within your budget and that is going to be a help to you.

Spinlife is actually quite reputable, they don't lose your credit card or steal your money, well regarded in the crip community. The only bad rep they have is a long ship time. It took months for my first wheelchair to arrive. It was crazy cheap though!

Beky, was it special ordered? They said if you ordered customized chairs, that it takes longer. I had only ordered what came with the jimmie and not anything else from them. So hopefully it will be at mom's when I get there!

No, mine was stock, and to add insult to injury claimed to be shipping from 1 city away!

Anyone heard of the japanese chair....they don't call it a wheelchair. It lengthens to provide stability in the outdoor 20mph mode. It was shown in the British show "Top Gear" as becoming available in 2010, but I have never seen it advertised...supposed to be about $4-5k which is what piqued my interest.

Wow, are they that expensive, or do you get a v8 engine for $4 - 5 k?

well I did see some power chairs in that range. Not the ones that BB are refering too, but ones that would go up to 6mph and like 20 miles on a charge! Anything faster would need to be a golf cart! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back