Diagnosis
11/2009
Country
US
State
Alaska
City
Wasilla
Ok, I called the surgeon's office AGAIN today because I hadn't heard anything from the biopsy report. The lady who answered looked and said the preliminary report is in but they are still waiting on the final report. Apperently whatever the preliminary says, needed to have a second opinion, so that is what we are waiting on. The surgeon is out of the office till Wednesday of next week.:-|

So now my curiosity is peaked to the point of have to know! Even though I kinda been keeping in on the back burner in my mind and don't think of it all that much, TILL NOW!:?

So the plot thickens...

Will the second opinion get in before Wednesday?
Will the surgeon really be in on Wednesday and actually call me?
Will the report come back clean after all this time? Or is there something that they just "don't know"? Or is it something they know but want to make it sound dramatic?
Will I ever get to play the violin? (just asking as I always wanted to but never learned...:razz: )

All these questions shall be answered in the next chapter of "As My Life Goes". :shock:

This is terrible Joyce;

I am sure that the suspense and worry is tough to deal with. I sure hope that they get themselves together and respond to you as promised.

Thinking of you.

- Jerry

Joyce,

Call the dr who sent you to the surgeon for biopsy, he might have a copy of the preliminary report as well or should be able to get a copy from the surgeons office.

Yikes, Joyce. I know waiting like this is tough... I've had bloodwork results travel around the country before and seen the preliminary reports as well as the final report--in my case those always matched up--but who's to say since your muscle biopsy is not at all in the same category.

Meanwhile, your mystery mode is very good. The suspense builds, and I'd like to know if you get a result, what that will do with our heroine's plot!
[A violin played by a fading woman is in the background, behind a leg with a scar.]

Not so much worry here Jerry, just so curious that the curiosity might kill me if I were a cat! ;)

Crystal, not sure he would have the report if the surgeon didn't send it to him, but I will give it a try...good idea. Thanks!

Yes Ann! My coping mechanism is to make this into a fun plot driven story with twists and turns of unporpotionate measures! :-D

The fact that they needed a second opinion tells me they found something but not sure what? Or they found nothing and the other docs cannot believe it so sent it to someone else to look at? Or they diagnoses something but want to make sure its a correct diagnosis because the one who read the info first was a newbie doc? Only time will tell on this tale of mystery and suspense of.... "As My Life Goes." ;)

I hear you Joyce. I couldn't get any answers from anyone for months. Finally Brad called and raised holy *&%%*&! and they finally started returning my calls. I had enough and found a new doctor.

Have you tried cussing? As for playing the violin, I tried and it's very hard. Have you considered a kazoo!

Oh Joyce. I feel for you. ,!
Roll on Wednesday, and have a glass of wine from me........a lovely big glass of Shiraz :)

Joyce, they might have sent a frozen piece of it to another facility for further testing... Waiting for results really stinks!

They split the muscle up incase they need to have further testing on it...they can't always get all there answers from just the the stains of the regular muscle biopsy...

Hmmm;

Any word? Did the Doctor extend his vacation?

its only 6:48am here now and I am certainly not going to hold my breath waiting for a phone call today. I will call him on friday again if I haven't heard from him. tick tock tick tock tick tock....goes the clock in "As My Life Goes."

Joyce, so sorry to hear of the delays. The silence is deafening on such things, I know.

I hope you hear this week. I know how traumatic not knowing can be. So sorry. Health care drives people crazy (I know - it's been my profession).

Mike

I'm holding my breath, Joyce. No doubt that'll get their attention, LOL.

In "As My Life Goes", is the doctor's office open on Fridays? Panic...

I need some help. I just signed into this support site because my brother was diagnosed with ALS yesterday. I need to know how to start a thread because I have questions. Thank you.
malissa

Malissa, hi; go to the top of this page above the title (The Mystery Thickens), click onto ALS/MND Support Group Forums. Next, you'll see a listing of areas on the left. The top area (General...) you click onto. An oblong "Start New Thread" should be inside a blue oblong button (just where "post reply" is on a button at the top of this page. Click onto that "Start New Thread" and a page should open for you to begin a thread.

Malissa, So sorry to hear about your brother - this is a club where nobody wants to belong.

To start a new thread: The top of your page will look like this:

ALSFORUMS.COM - ALS/MND Support Group - Fibromyalgia Support Group - PLS Support Group - PBP Support Group

Click on "ALS/MND Support Group" and a list of topics will appear. For now, click on "General Discussion About ALS/MND. On the top left side there will be a blue oval that says "New Thread". Click on that and you are set to go.

My thoughts and prayers are with you,
Jo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back