11/2007
Country
uk
State
uk
City
uk
hello all.:-D
actually this is my second day out,we went to the woods on saturday but i forgot to put batteries in my camera.
today i went with my son shaun and nephew lewis to the woods then onto the three lakes.
we took a picnic for lunch and had a great day out,set off at 11am and got back just after 3pm.
here are a couple of photos but i have done an album on my profile page with more.

the hilarious thing was that because we had done about 7miles on saturday plus i had done a bit near home,then we did 8miles today in total on the way back i started to run out of juice:oops::shock:
my son had to push me the last bit home...............i thought it was so funny and was laughing so bad i could not breathe.:lol:
the bat mobile is on charge for the night.

well its 8.50pm here,had my shower and off to bed...........i will sleep tonight,all that fresh air and everything has left me shattered.

take care.
caroline.:-D

Attachments

• DSCN0394.jpg
    DSCN0394.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 454
  • DSCN0392.jpg
    DSCN0392.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 346
Caroline,what a joy your post was to read. You go girl. You look so happy and the day so beautiful. I hope you have lots of fun on your scooter. Now don't go knocking anyone down :)
Aly

Great pictures! Glad that you had such a good day out! The weather looked like it was great! I'm sure the fresh air will do wonders for your sleep.

Thanks for sharing your fun day out and the pictures. Amazing how good getting out in nature does for one's attitude. Good medicine - keep the ole'girl pluggged in and full of juice - cheaper than gasoline these days!

Carolyn, you are a very pretty lady and the ole bat mobile looks pretty snazzy too! So how does it handle inclines? Have you had a chance to try it on that? Or what about breaking it down for putting in a vehicle? Is it easy? How comfortable is the seat? Is it adjustable? Unfortunately there is no place that I have found here in Alaska that has several for me to try. So I have been doing online research, including reading reviews from users of the products. I am concerned about low clearance on the bottoms of most of the travel sizes. I also would like one with a little speed as my husband walks really fast when we buzz through an airport (or maybe I have been doing a snails pace for so long that his pace only seems like we are running!;).

I have looked at some that can go up to 6 miles an hour, which seems would be good for when I am tooling around outside. I could go on "bike rides" with my lil one. Of coarse she would have to slow down!

I replied to this quite some time ago with questions for you Caroline about your new scooter. But apparently it went into moderation. I haven't a clue to why. Hopefully it will show up soon because I do not remember all the questions I had about the scooter at present moment. I am tired. Turning this off for the night.

Caroline, Yeah for you! The pictures of you are wonderful, and I hope you have lots and lots of outings. Keep her charged!

Love,
Ann

thank you all.

Normally with my night meds its 12-30 to 1am before i can sleep. Last night after a few hours read i went to sleep at 11.30pm and slept in this morning. All that fresh country air does wonders lol.

joyce.
it handles small inclines and hills but you have to go up them on full power and it does effect how much you use on your battery. it will go up curbs that have a drop in them but not up a curbs more than 2inches high, so you need to go up and down paths that have that curb drop.

Mine is a middle size scooter,you can take of the seat very easily and the handle part drops down. it is heavy but with two strong men it can be put into a boot thats big enough. the small ones are best for transporting. if you want one more for rveryday like i did a medium or bigger one is best.
i may get a cheap reconditioned small one later for days out in the car.

The seat is adjustable and can swing to the side making it easier to get off,it is very comfortable.

The small scooters do upto 4mph but only about 6miles on a charge. The middle size do 4-6mph and can do 20/25miles . Were as a large can do upto 8mph and do 30miles.

You have to take into account the persons weight and how many inclines/hills you do as to how many miles you can achieve.

They say its best to let it run to amber before charging which mine did but if you know you are going along way and not sure if you have enough charge then its ok to do it. I do have a card they gave me for assistance breakdown so if i did run out of power a few miles away from home they would come and rescue me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Caroline! I haven't heard of that brand that I can think of. I guess what is conflicting me the most is getting something that I can use not only for travel but around here too so I can get back outside more. We do not have alot of flat areas around here. That is why I am concerned about the hight clearance at the bottom. Even 3 inches is not that high. But then I start thinking what if I need it for in the house? Then turning radius becomes the issue. I have come to the conclusion that I am going to have to choose something that most likely will not be for the long term. Because all the features I want I cannot find in just one unit! (hmmm...maybe I should design one and sell it to a manufacture?:)

I have not ruled out power chairs. Mainly because they have some that can get me through an airport without having to be pushed. But the only problem I see most there is that the technowology of the chairs is not as advanced as the scooters. Then they do not go as fast as the scooters either. (I guess I always was a speed freak...LOL;) So maybe for now they are ruled out!

As you can see I go back and forth on my thinking. I talk myself out of things very quickly when it comes to having to pay for someting I will outgrow or run to the ground quickly because of using it to harshly. I go through this when I buy a new piece of camera equiptment for my business. The just don't make things like they use too....nothing lasts long because its all plastic!

Joyce,it can be confusing on what to choose.

You need to think of when you are going to get the most usage,which is usually around a five mile radius of your home such as shops or a casual ride about.

You can always get to use a airport mobility transport otherwise a small one that breaksdown for this time would be good,thats if the airline would allow it onboard.............really i would not think about one for these times.

If you want one more suited to the terrain were you live then the larger scooters would be best .
as for indoors if or when something is needed that can be figured out easily later.

I just ordered some fun scooter plates on Ebay.

I asked for a cat design with number plate OLLY1, cost £3.49 for two and free postage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Power chairs can absolutely go faster than scooters! You want to look up the "Blast" line of PWCs... they top out at 12 mph. The more moderate ones go 9 or 10 mph. If I had the money, I'd buy one in a second. Custom order powerchairs can also be ordered from any company (but particularly Pride) with more powerful motors. If clearance and ruggedness is your game, you should look up the Omegatrac and then Frontier x5 and x8.

Olly, you rock on. =)

thanks beky! I will look into that. Beky you might know whether or not they have a higher clearance under the motor than a scooter? I think at least a 4 inch should be acceptable for getting over exterior door frames and curbs. Plus there is uneven ground here. See if I can get my doc to approve a power wheelchair for around the house use when needed. Then my insurance would pay for it. They will not pay for scooters that go outdoors. But a power chair that can be used inside very well as outside might slide by for their standards.

Caroline...sounds like your going to have a flashy pimped out ride!

The highest mobility + ground clearance I know if is the Frontier X5. It was designed for the type of people who still live in cabins in the wood with no paved roads, for hunters, those kinds of crips. Unlike the X8, they kept the turn radius small enough you can use it inside a house. (The X8 is an absolute beast, but like most beasts is not going to walk kindly around your livingroom furniture.) If you can go hunting in it, I'm pretty sure it'll handle your neighborhood with aplomb.

For americans, it's an import, but the company that makes them is used to us wanting their cool stuff and has some pretty solid options. If you can put down cash for your own PWC or get reimbursed somewhat by your insurance, it is what I would go for.

Hey Ollie. You could Pimp your ride as well. Here are some ideas

Attachments

• scooter.jpg
    scooter.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 1,806
lol aly,i love that.............will be giving me ideas.

joyce i did do a post with all the scooters ands chairs reviews plus photos and speficications............but its not shown up.
will pm it to you later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back