Diagnosis
11/2007
Country
uk
State
uk
City
uk
i went with my son yesterday to the mobility centre.
on friday morning they are bringing the type of scooter i picked out for me to test drive.
will have to wait a few weeks before mine will be delivered.

it is a middle sized scooter ,4mph and 20mile range with many extras and solid tyres.
it is soooo comfy and looks very easy to handle even with my coordination.
i am so excited and can not wait.
heres a photo from the brochure of the one i am getting......:smile:

Attachments

• DSCN0386.jpg
    DSCN0386.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 376
Mobility is good!

awesome! Someday I will get one.

New lease of life on the way Olly, thats great news ! xx

Congratulations! Looks like a nice ride!

Go girl, ( but not too fast) :)

thankyou all:grin:
finally i will be mobile and able to go out where i want:grin:
the medium sized ones are good for everyday and you can still put in a boot thats big enough,you fold down seat and front steering bit.
the bigger ones are for the road as well but i would not attempt going on the road:eek::shock:
this one is just a nice inbetween size .
will let you know how my trial out goes on friday morning,hopefully i wont do any damage:roll::lol:

here in the uk our disability is made up of mobility and personal care.
like myself if you have the highest rate of mobility you can get a scooter/chair through the mobility scheme.
they take the monthly cost off your allowance,this scooter will take a quarter of my disability a month..........new it costs£ 3,000.
but this includes insurance,repairs,batteries,tyres ect .

will have to do without the odd luxeries but it will be worth it as i have not been able to get out ,especially last few summers.
i will never be in now:grin:

I am so happy you'll be able to get out again...good for you! Like I said...enjoy :-D

Caroline, I'm so happy for you! It looks and sounds just right, and I hope this summer is a lovely one, so you can go lots of places and enjoy yourself. :)
Hugs,
Ann xoxo

Great stuff Caroline, enjoy :D

Solid wheels are a smart choice. Much less bother than the ones that must be filled with air.

Great news Caroline! We will miss you but will know that you are having a blast on your scooter! Enjoy the summer!

Caroline- as i told sequoia, you must name the old (new) girl. i think it may be bad luck if you dont!

Glad to hear you are able to get around better and have more independence.

looks cool. after mom passed my dad loaned me the one my mom got from the scooter store . It was great un til i grew out of it due to my progression. not to be a downer on your good news. but with pls is there a chance you will need more suport from a chair later on. i like to think a head with progression

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back