Diagnosis
11/2007
Country
uk
State
uk
City
uk
hello everyone,thankyou so much for all your messages they mean alot to me.
i came home on wednesday but still very tired and wanting to sleep alot.

3wks ago i got flu again,4th time in 18mths the last time was only over christmas and newyear.
i was ok on the sunday and woke up monday morning feeling rough and grouchy,in the afternoon i went for my lie down and when i woke i could not move and felt i was dying.
i just slept most of the time so was not eating at all and barely drinking so i wnt down hill.
i have not bothered in the past with the flu vacination but have to have it now.
i am still quite ill,very tired and weak............i am alot weaker now than before the flu and feel in my body that i am not going to get that strength back.

they gave me some protien and vitamin drinks to build me up and i am going to get some complan as well.
i have lost so much weight over the past year or so but they just put it down to my digestive problems and the pls.
i have seen a dietician and got some advice on what to eat to help with my weight ,a healthy diet with plenty of protien,carbohydrates and oily fish ect.
i do have a gluten intolorance so i have been advised to go on a gluten free diet to see if it helps with everything.
i got weighed and measured...........at 5ft 11 i should weigh around 12st but i only weigh 10st.........a few measurements were my waist is 29ins,my upper arms at the fatest point are 9-10ins.

in may it will be 12yrs since the start of this desease,may 99 was when the spasms started but i had obvious balance and clumsy problems before this that others noticed.
i think basically after 12yrs pls is taking its toll on my body and general health.

we,me especially can become complacent about our slow progressing disability.........we think we are doing ok and can still manage.
i thought i was doing great but reality paints a different picture.
its now a struggle to keep up to basic day to day things and i have had to admit i need more help.
also cognitive problems have added to that over the past few years.
while i was ill my stutter came back,this started a few years ago when the cognitive problems started to get worse.........not all the time just occasionally.
i was told the stutter is connected to the cognitive problems............frontal lobe.
i do sometimes think i am losing the plot but if i am developing ftd i would rather not know.

so there it is...........my body and mind are buggered.
i have been very depressed about it all but still believe i am very fortunate when considering what pals and others have to deal with.

i hope you all are as well as you can be and i send you all my love.
will have to play catch up on all the posts.
take care.:)

Dearest Caroline,

I'm just waking up, and am over the moon to see your post. It's so very good to see you here. Please try to eat like they told you and see if you can gain some weight. You are so dearly loved. Twelve years of this is a long time... Thank you for writing--I know it isn't easy and guess you're tired from doing it.
Love you xo,
Ann

So good to see you back Caroline. I have been praying for you to get better. So sorry it has taken such a toll on you. Hang in there dear one. I know that its hard to stick to a plan of eating but know you can do it. Take care and try not to overdo now that your home.

Welcome back Caroline, you have been missed. I am sorry you are feeling so low and I do hope you manage to rebuild your strength. Your son was so kind to let us all know that you were ill.
God bless
Aly

It seems you have had a difficult time there Caroline, but it's good to see you back :)

Hurray! So glad you're back. Thanks for taking all the time and energy to let us know how you are doing! You take better care of yourself! I was really getting worried about you! Hope that you feel better soon. All of us are pulling for you over here! (((((hugs)))))

Caroline, I'm so glad that you're back and hope that you feel better with more strength soon.
Barry

Take your time dear friend, so glad you are back.. You had us all worried, we hated to know you were ill. Please take your time, get some help, you are way to special for us not to have..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back