Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
US
State
Missouri
City
Springfield
Well, my refill on my Baclofen came in yesterday and it was short a month's supply again.

(sigh......)

I will call on Monday to discuss this with the good folks in Arkansas that filled it.

this is one of the reasons why I have been avoiding the insurances constant letters about getting me to sign up for mail order drugs. I prefer keeping the busness in my hometown to help keep the employment rate up. Plus our post office is messed up. We do not always get our regular mail let alone drugs sent through them!

Our new insurance plan says we can only get 3 refills by calling and p/u ourselves; after the 3rd time it is mandatory to receive them via mail. What is up with that? Why should they care? We don't like this mail order buisiness just for the reason Zaphoon is having!

Kim, Can you just call the VA pharmacy directly(like I do) and explain the mess up to them, and have them call the doctor? This is what I do, and our Pharmacy guys(and gals) are super. For me when I call, its"press 1 to refill a script, press 2 to check on a script, and press 8 to talk to the Pharmacy." If not, then call and ask to be assigned a "Patient Advocate" and they will help you.

This script for baclofen is through the V.A. medical center in Arkansas. It's a 2.5 hour drive from my place to their's. They send it through the mail. They got the gabapentin refill right: I'll give them that much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back