Diagnosis
11/2009
Country
US
State
Alaska
City
Wasilla
Going to the Mayo Clinic in Florida on March 28! Now I have to figure out hotels and such. It definately will have to be something near the hospital as I am not sure yet if my hubby can go with me and my son who would go with me does not drive. Not sure about how long I should stay. They told me a few days at least. I wonder if I should book for 5 days and then maybe I can change my flight to earlier if need be....:confused:

I'm very glad for you, Joyce. I would hope they can get everything finished, and hand you a definite diagnosis within 5 days, but am not "Mayo Savvy" whatsoever. Congratulations!
Ann

my mom went to the mayo in florida. They do have a hotel right there by the hospital. She said they were all very nice. I live in mn and they have one here also but its hard to get in. If you need any help with the name or anything let me know and I can ask my mom the name. Good luck and keep us posted!
Sandy

thanks Ann and Sandy. I am looking into the Marriott Inn at Mayo that is located right on the campus. Kinda pricey but they give you complimentary wireless connection (which means my hubby can work) and a kitchen so we don't have to eat out. That should help keep the cost down.

My mom stayed there also but like I was telling you check into a discount for patient. I know I had worked at a hotel in rochester mn next to the mayo and we gave discount. So look into that. Best of luck
sandy

on the website they only discounted $4 a day. Not much there...but I haven't called them yet. Waiting for my husband to IM me back..he is in TX right now on buisness.

Check the hospital at there human resources or patient advocate they can help also. Don't give up on that. If you can save money go for it.

I am so glad for you! Having answers would be awesome.

Joyce,

I'm happy to hear you are getting to go to Mayo.

I hope it all goes well for you. The Mayo in Phoenix has a shuttle to and from the hotel that is about a 1/4 mile away, which does not sound like very far unless you have trouble walking. The way that the Mayo works things is the way a business should be run. They are very good at getting things done as far as testing and are very thorough. 3 to 5 days is about right.

Fantastic news. I had an appt at Mayo last year, Didnt go in the end, but Yea they said I would need to be there from 3 - 5 days as well.
Aly

Joyce, I have visited that campus and it is so beautiful. Have you looked at nearby hotels? They might have complimentary shuttles.

Lydia

Hi Joyce;

Mayo will tag team you into a diagnosis....I spent some time in Rodchester and they were great.
Hope all goes well.

- Jerry

Joyce,
We went to FL Mayo the first week of Jan this year. We stayed at the Inn at Mayo. Short walk from the room to the clinic down a hallway. Very convent for us. When Mom (her name is also Joyce) booked the room they told her it was easier to add days than remove them so we just booked the hotel for 3 days. The room was nice and the staff there were very nice as well. Had an issue with the AC but it was fixed within 2 hours of us reporting it. The kitchen was nice but we didn't use it as much as we thought we would.

Good luck! If you have time try to have some fun while in Florida.
Todd

Thanks for your replies. I am a bit nerveous about it. The prospect of actual diagnosis whether its pls or als....makes it too final but then there is no more speculations is there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back