Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
US
State
Missouri
City
Springfield
THIS STUFF JUST SUCKS! IT JUST REALLY, REALLY SUCKS!

I'm not sure that made me feel any better...

But, it sure did hook me into stopping in to see what you were going to say, dear Kim. You could be in the "Advertising business".... smile.

And (big sigh) here's a humongous hug. ((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))) and now I'm pooped. Splat.

sure does. so sorry youre feeling down.

I'm not feeling too down... You just never know what's lurking around the corner for you.

- I'm going to get out of my car. Okay, let me give that another try...

- I'm going to take this stair case with ease. Okay, maybe not...

- I will not be spastic today! Shucks! That was painful!

Ann, you're right! I should have gone into advertising.

Sometimes it seems like a sauerkraut pie...looks like it, smells like it, tastes like it....yup, must be it....

Understanding how you feel.

yep kim it sure sucks:sad:.........but things could be worse.
i am 43yrs old but my body is twice that age ,ever rolled your eyes when a pensioner goes on about how awfull it is being old...........i dont do that anymore.

sorry , i dont like bad days either different for me as my son goes thur this

Als sucks but my attitude doesn't have 2 i'll try 2 keep saying that to myself mayb it will out lol

Kim,
I feel for you, buddy; the surprizes never stop coming. They are always "full steam ahead."
Some days you're the windshield, some days you're the bug:mad:
I sure hope today is better for you.

Judy

I'm pretty quiet about this, normally, but every now-and-again my tolerance runs thin and my aggravation comes out to play. I don't whine like this in front of my family, friends or customers and I am still moving pianos occasionally. Okay, I assist in moving them. I feel sorry for the other guy who does the majority of the grunt work. I'm more of a balancing act these days. Thank the Lord I still have balance to balance with!

Okay, the balance bit is starting to become questionable as I've been wall-walking just a bit.

Nothing like having to use sea legs on land!

Last edited:
Keep fighting Zaphoon...I agree...ALS SUCKS!

Kim,
Sounds like you are a candidate for a rolling walker. I hope you are not falling, my brother!
Prior to getting a walker, when I went out, I hung onto Steve. If we went someplace like Walmart, the shopping basket became my best friend.
I wall-walked and fell a number of times before I conceded to a rolling walker.

Judy

Yes, it does suck.

What annoys me are the chipper "How are you?" questions.

"Well, I'm pretty miserable, thanks for asking. I'm constantly, often acutely uncomfortable, I can't control my own body, every peripheral movement startles me, every loud sound irritates me, I can't do most of the things that used to make me happy, and I won't even get into Cog Fog..."

But of course no one wants to hear that, especially when it never changes.

So I never answer, and instead turn the question around: "How are YOU doing?", but boy, I wish they would stop asking me that.

What also sucks in when you are out walking holding on to hubbies arm, feeling like you are walking really fast, cause you are working every muscle ten times harder than everyone else just to get along An old aged couple fly past you. You imagine what a wreck of a grandparent you will be (if you ever will be). You burst into tears in public, and everyone now thinks, that not only do you have a weird walk, but you are crazy as well.
Arggghhhhh
Then you realise........ how lucky you are, cause you are still walking. you are still alive and you have someone to lean on.
Mmmmmmmmmm

Aly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back