Diagnosis
11/2007
Country
uk
State
uk
City
uk
just seen the news today about the storm in newzealand,it sounds very serious.
the size of australia,thats unbelievable.
i hope you and your family are ok aly.............and any other newzealand'ers.
will be thinking of you and praying you all keep safe.

Aly lives in Hamilton, on the North Island. The earthquake was south island, and I believe this storm IS centered on the North Island. My daughters best friend also is living on the North island. If I hear anything, I will let you know.

Thanks Olly and Sadie mae.
The storm was not too bad in the end. A friend and I drove to our beach house at Whangamata on friday to do some flax weaving (she is teaching me, and I am bad). We were a bit worried about the high winds that were hitting the windows, so we made plans to go under the stairs if it got bad. Going to the beach in such a storm in retrospect was a bit nuts. I git out the candles etc, but it was not so bad at all where I was.
My daughter went to Christchurch for the weekend where the big earthquake was centred 2 weeks ago. They are still having very big after shocks, over 400 so far, and they are still doing damage.
Hope you are all fine as well. The weather here is very wet and we are sick of it. My old pony is knee deep in mud!

Aly

good to hear your ok aly,when i saw the news was a bit worried for you.
flax weaving sounds intresting.............in high school i took up weaving for my art exams,the looms were you weave the wool through the strings..........made a picture for my exam assesment.
you can't buy them now but there easy to make with some wood and nails.

Flax weaving is quite fun , but fiddly. We are doing it the traditional Maori way. I cut the flax first as I have a couple of huge Harakiki Flax bushes. You have to be careful cutting it correctly so the plant gains from you removing the flax leaves. There is alot of Maori protocol involved, that we try and stick to.
When the Maori lady is with us and teaching us, we pray to the flax and share stuff at the beginning, while holding a very old Tiki made of Pounamu. Its really relaxing.

How are you getting along? I am getting my head around my 1 month holiday to Europe. I am a bit scared as I am not getting around as wellm as I was a month ago. Getting wheelchair help at the big airports like Heathrow helps alot. I just gulp down my pride, and hope noone I know sees me.

My challenge will be using my walking stick at the MS conference in Gothenburg with all those Neuros, including some from UK that I am friends with. The thought terrifies me, but it helps so much!

Aly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back