Diagnosis
08/2010
Country
UK
State
West Sussex
City
Chichester
Just had preliminary diagnosis of PLS. Am quite happy driving at the moment but would welcome comment as to what to look out for, and when I should consider giving it up. Am getting on a bit (73) but still drive approx 400 Miles each month.:?:

Drive as long as you are safe. I am sure you will know when it should stop, if ever. There is nothing quite like the freedom of driving, especially when you get out of the car and hobble :D
Aly

I had a lot of myoclonus (large, uncontrolled jerks) in my late teens and some into my early 20's, and while they weren't legally seizures that keep you from driving, I refused to get my license after imagining one of my worse attacks of them happening on the road. Just be responsible, and follow the golden rule "would I be ok with other people like me on the road when I'm there?"

Hey, T-rex...
Y'know...I use a cane and walkers when I have to get around on "land"...and I've had walking problems for about 4 years now, but I still drive a 5-speed stick and have really no problem at all...I CHERISH the freedom to get around without having to ask anyone to drive me anywhere. Occasionally, if I drive longer than 2 hours my gas pedal foot starts to cramp and I adjust my foot a little on the pedal.

I agree with Alyoop and Tokahfang about being able to tell if you can or can't drive any longer...and if you can drive safely amongst others....you'll know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back